Hey everyone. I am a guitarist of about 3 years and have been messing with video recording stuff for a while now and I was looking and this Final Cut Studio thing and thought that it had some pretty cool stuff, mainly Final Cut Pro 5. I am trying to make a music video for our band right now but don't have the capabilities as I do not have an editing program. I don't have the $1300 to buy this program or the $1000 to buy just Final Cut Pro either. I have a friend who has a PC (I have an iMac G5) and he 'magically' got Sony Vegas. I was wondering how I would go about 'magically' getting Final Cut Pro 5 or any other way I'd be able to get it without the hefty pricetag. Thanks for the help and feel free to PM me with any info.
Torrents
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
guitaristdave: torrents

What does that mean? I'm confused.

PooKoo: Go on sbc or sp and make friends with EVERYONE

What is sbc and sp? Will this really help or is it sarcasm? Thanks.

Is there any other way to get something like this for free?
Torrents are like file sharing, it's pretty illegal, and you'd probably have to download a crack or something.
I dunno, try to find the full version, as a demo, then I'll search for a crack for you.
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
^completely irrelevant

and CS2 is far from new.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
well its the newest verion. why u gotta use a big word irrelevant i know what it mean but just say off topic
alright guitaristdave I sent you a PM so if you would answer that I'd be really greatful. are there any other ways to get it if I can't find a full version demo?
okay i've been lookin for a while now and i can't find a single demo version of Final Cut Pro 5, 4, or 3. I just get a lot of tutorial stuff I think. I may just be lookin in the wrong place or not know that I found the demo version when I found it. Please help me with this.
If you are planning on releasing these videos I would strongly suggest not attaining it illegally, they will track you down and you will be fucked.

Normally, I would just say to go with ripping it for free but its seriously not worth the risk if you plan on distributing the videos ( free download or otherwise).
I say this because recently a friend of mine got raided for using 'stolen' video programs for exactly the same thing you are doing.
It really sucks because:
1)The program he used was given to him by a friend anyway so it wasn't exactly stolen.
2)It was a really old version and was out of date anyway.
3)The videos he made with them were just free downloads off of his myspace so it wasn't even like he was making money on it.

Stealing microsoft word/virus scanners is one thing- noone really cares about that, but for things like this its not so safe. I would try and save to buy it.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
no i don't plan on distributing them i just want to use it for some fun videos and music videos and just stupid stuff that my friends and i do and make it look cool. thanks for the advice though and i may save up money in the future and buy the real thing if i plan on using it for other purposes or am going to put it on the internet. thanks again for the help.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
^completely irrelevant

and CS2 is far from new.

yeah, CS3 Beat just came out...which is gay.
so do any of you guys who said that mac is a good computer for this kind of stuff know any other kind of video editing system that i could use besides Final Cut Pro? and besides iMovie?
i use garage band for music and i really like it but im talking about video editing, unless you're saying that garage band does that as well?