I've recently purchase an '05 Fender Tele and want to fit my blue and red Lace Sensors from my Squire onto it. I was planning to have them wired dually at the bridge and was wondering if anyone could give me any opinions or guidance as to how a red/blue combination would sound at the bridge.

Thanks.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

wellit has been done before so id imagine it would sound pretty good.

also may i suggest you DEFINITELY add a coil tap switch too so you can use just one of the lace pups or both like you normally would thus giving you different tones.

EDIT: wait is it two seperate lace sensor pups you have or an actual double lace pup?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I've two separate ones. Yeah, I'm planning to add a coil tap as well.

id imagine it should work out perfect cos thats basically what the lace dually pups are.
they are two different singles,practically stuck together.

anyway as to how they would sound,they already sell a Red/Blue dually pup so its gonna be the same as that and should sound good,pretty high output too i would imagine.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

dumb question, but I thought the standard tele pups were different dimesions than regular strat style single coils? I know the dog ears are in a different location than a standard single coil. Was your Squire a tele also?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
hi there,

don't have any experience of dually lace sensors, but try checking out the pickup reviews section on

www.harmony-central.com

under manufacturers FENDER and LACE MUSIC PRODUCTS, as i believe that all dually lace sensors are is two singles put together, as i have tried to show with this random pic from the web.

lace have their own wiring diagrams for lace sensors, although not one for the tele with a humbucker, as you want, but these are fairly close (i am not very good with wiring)

http://www.lacemusic.com/wiring/wiring.php (main diagram directory)

http://www.lacemusic.com/wiring/pdf/4.pdf (shows a S-S-H for strat with splitter switch- is that waht you mean)

http://www.lacemusic.com/wiring/pdf/2.pdf (shows standard tele wiring again not really what ur after)

shouldn't be a problem with them fitting if u are just replacing a tele humbucker, but i believe that the neck pickup on a tele is slightly smaller than a strat single coil

on a side issue, BUZZ, u asked me a question a while a go about pot sizes, i replied a couple of weeks ago , and was just wondering how u got on with ur lace sensor? (i know my reply was extremely late, i dont often get PM's so wasn't checking sorry)

Mike
Attachments:
test38.JPG
Mike, that was fantastic. Very helpful. The S-H with splitter swch is what I was looking for. I'm going to have them fitted for me, the new Tele has he standard two single coils so there'll have to be work done to the body. I'm not too up-to-date about splitter switches so, any infomation on that would be excellent. Does it require work to the body or can th pickup selector switch be wired to work as it?

hold on i thought u were after a tele style S-H configuration, the one listed is a strat S-S-H (one too many pickups) or does this mean your'e going for Fat strat style
S-S-H, anyhowi would assume that you will have to change switches in some way as standard tele switches on have 3 positions and athe least you will need is 4? but then again i am a complete wiring moron, so best wait for someone who actually knows what they are talking about

regards

Mike
Nah you seem to know your stuff. A Tele has three positions...so I would need four, yeah...Lace Sensor 1, Lace Sensor 2, both and neck pickup. Am I right? I have no idea whatsoever abut any of this stuff.

It's mostly the splitter switch that's throwing me off...as little as I know about anything else, I know less about that. But you've been a great help, much appreciated.

^ No, you use a standard 3 way switch and then a mini switch for the splitter.
Hi, I'm Peter
sorry to go slightly off thread here, but does that then mean that should i want to i could have a custom made position, i.e bridge and neck pickups, in the same way that i currently have bridge and middle sound on my strat?
Yeah, you can rig up custom switches in pretty much any combination you can think of.
Hi, I'm Peter
to be perfectly honest thats the only postion i can think of that isn't already done on a strat!
Quote by Mike3066
sorry to go slightly off thread here, but does that then mean that should i want to i could have a custom made position, i.e bridge and neck pickups, in the same way that i currently have bridge and middle sound on my strat?

If you want to get neck and bridge pickups on a strat together you will have to add a switch that will select the neck pickup when in the bridge position (or vice versa). They will be out of phase, so you will need a switch to change the polarity of one of the pickups (effectively switching the wires from the pup to keep them in phase)
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
sounds very slightly on the complicated side to me ! i liked the sound out when it was just a case of putting a simple switch in! thanks for the very swift answer tho,

much appreciated

Mike
It's not too complicated really. Just an on/off switch for the selection and a DPDT switch (or a push/pull pot) for the phasing.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
might well do that then, if i change my neck pickup, which i may do, but what sort of sound would that produce? without wanting to sound like a complete idiot
Last edited by Mike3066 at Jan 9, 2007,