I'm in the market for a chorus pedal. So far, it's either the Boss one, h e r e , the Carl Martin one, h e r e , which is expensive but i've heard very good things about it, or the Digitech one, h e r e or the Dan Electro Cool Cat, h e r e .

They've all got good reviews, and i think i am leaning to the Dan Electro pedal. There is one chorus pedal from years ago called the BC10 by Ibanez which i cannot find as they stopped making it years ago which i'd like, but cannot find anywhere used.

So yeah, anyone has any experience with these pedals i'd be interested to hear. Chorus doesnt get talked about much here, it's all wahs and distortion, but i am sure someone uses them..

Cheers
I use the boss one and it works pretty great. I don't know how it compares to other chorus pedals since it's the only one I've ever played.
How does the Boss one deal with the low end? do you find it sucks some of the bottom out of your signal at all?
I don't really trust Danelectro. I've never played their chorus, but all of their pedals are cheaply made and won't stand up to any abuse.

A mate of mine has the Behringer chorus. I've never used it on bass, but it's pretty decent for guitars. Like bequickorbedead said, it's nothing special but there is nothing else for the price really. Again, Behringer also aren't built the best, and the battery is a pain to get to.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
I'm not worried about the money, i just want a decent chorus pedal really.. i know stu hamm uses the Boss and it sounds lovely in his bass solo.. i dont do behringer. the day i see behringer in my set up is the day i kill myself with a dessert spoon..
Quote by Applehead
I'm not worried about the money, i just want a decent chorus pedal really.. i know stu hamm uses the Boss and it sounds lovely in his bass solo.. i dont do behringer. the day i see behringer in my set up is the day i kill myself with a dessert spoon..

*gets spoon*

Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i tried out the current ibanez chorus pedal, I like, good coverage all through the low end. It's one to try out.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Force, whats the model number? i've just found a BC10 on ebay and am bididng on it. it's got five days left at the moment though
Applehhead--what did you end up getting? I am in the process of looking at chorus pedals, and tried out a friend's Carl Martin this past week. Nice pedal, but a bit above my price range.

My bud recommended the DigiTech XBC as a great pedal for the cash conscious, but I am going to have to drive over to Guitar center (ugh) if I want to try it out.
My friend has the Danelectro, don't get it. It sounds like your amp is in a tin can. I have a DigiTech Bass MultiChorus, and it's fantastic. You can control the number of voices in the chorus and it's specially designed for bass. You can hear audio clips on their website.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
My friend has the Danelectro, don't get it. It sounds like your amp is in a tin can. I have a DigiTech Bass MultiChorus, and it's fantastic. You can control the number of voices in the chorus and it's specially designed for bass. You can hear audio clips on their website.

Yeah--I checked out the clips on Musician's Friend. It does sound pretty sweet. And the price is good and well within my economic range at present.
Anarkee, not got one yet.. Still pondering on it. I like the Carl Martin, but i just dont use the chorus enough to warrant that money, and i've jsut spent £200 on a Sansamp bass driver. So i think i will check out the Digitech..

I'll let you know how it goes ! Hope all's well.
A
I want a chorus pedal too, does anyone know if this is any good?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Artec gear is meant to be rediculously brilliant.

No exaggeration
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
I always thought of Artec as being more of an acoustic instrument gear and effects company. I used to own one of their sound hole pickups at one point.
I have the Digitech, and all I can say is that it's great, I really recommend it. I use it mainly for tapping and filling out the sound, but bandwise I practically don't use it (right now I'm in a band that plays rock in spanish, like heroes del silencio, soda stereo, mana, etc. just imagine)
There are sound bytes on musiciansfriend, and on the Digitech website as well. On the Digitech site, you can hear the difference between on and off.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I have a Boss chorus pedal, and it sounds great. You get a full sound even on the low strings.
I got the Digitech yesterday. Excellent pedal--it sounds great and what a difference it makes when playing the opening bars of Continuum. I would highly recommend this pedal for the price. My only gripe is that its going to be a bit of a pain to change the battery; you have to pop off the pedal itself to get at the battery chamber, Otherwise I am very happy with it!