There hasnt been one of these in a while (at least I havent seen one...), so I figure Id break it.

Either an Ibanez BTB200

OR

a Dean Vintage Z.

Im looking for performance comparisions, not how one they look.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
I played the Ibanez in my local music shop and I didn't like it at all. To be honest I preferred the Stagg beside it! The tone didn't seem nice and it wasn't very comfortable on my knee. I think it was very heavy too...

I haven't played the Dean but it looks pretty awesome.
Yeah, the low end BTBs aren't too great. Get a 400 if you dig the BTB line, much better construction/materials/electronics/sound/feel.

The Dean is terrible. Just terrible.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
im sorry but they are both terrible in their own special way

the last ibanez i played (and im pretty sure it was that model) had a really weak low end sound

and the dean just look at it and tell me what isn't wrong with it, if you wanna buy that dean i think u have dreams of be a lead guitarist and ur not happy that you are the bassist

so yeah in all ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

shit.................

gimme a minute...............

yeh i got it....

NONE
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Ive never played with those exact basses, however Ive had a lot experience with ibenez and dean. The deans I've played - I just didn't like the feel + sound + look. I have better experiences with ibenez's however tbh I have found that I like:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ASB140-SemiHollow-Electric-Bass?sku=519780
A lot more than all the solid ibenez basses, I used that bass for 2 years without ever doing anything to it, not even changing strings and it still plays like a dream. I only stopped using it when I got a warwick
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
Quote by skater dan0
im sorry but they are both terrible in their own special way

the last ibanez i played (and im pretty sure it was that model) had a really weak low end sound

and the dean just look at it and tell me what isn't wrong with it, if you wanna buy that dean i think u have dreams of be a lead guitarist and ur not happy that you are the bassistso yeah in all ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
shit.................
gimme a minute...............
yeh i got it....
NONE

What did I say at the start of this thing? "The performance, not looks". *sigh*

Anyways If my local shop has them, Ill try it out Unicycleboy.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
if it sounds good then by all means go for it but the sound from it is probably pretty similar to something a lot better looking. nobody needs a bass like that.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
the ibanez btb is very very good one of my favs
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I do not like ibanez or dean.There tone isnt really all that great.U should get a warwick rockbass.If the price is a problem im sure u can find a half way decent fender.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble