ive just recieved my new amp, a randall warhead combo, and it wont power up. I bought the amp from the USA and im in the UK. on the back it says that the amp supports 110V and 230V. 230V is the UK power supply. I have a travel adaper, I connected that to the end of the supplied USA lead, plugged it in, flicked the power switch...and nothing. Can anyone help me out here please? im wanting to use this amp soo bad!

thanks
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
See if there is a switch on the back adjusting the two voltages. Just a shot in the dark, but it might work.
check the mains fuse, probably located somewhere near the power cord. You also have the switch on the back selected for the 230V mains?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
there is no switch, and the fuse is 250V in both plugs, maybe could there be a switch on the inside?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Maybe it's a message from God, saying "This amp is shite".
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

erm this is like the best ss amp ever made, its hardly what id call shite
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Have you tried it? I worked in a store that sold it.... harshness in a box. Sorry for the sarcasm before, but I'm sure you could sell it and get a better amp for the same sort of money.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

well I cant go tube because I play in my bedroom so it cant be cranked, so it will do me fine
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
I think there was something wierd with the voltage selector on those. I think you pull out the fuse holder and rotate it to line up the arrow with the 240V selection maybe?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Try getting in contact with the company you bought it from and ask their advice or ask in ur local music store.
Quote by Erock503
I think there was something wierd with the voltage selector on those. I think you pull out the fuse holder and rotate it to line up the arrow with the 240V selection maybe?

That's not really that uncommon, especially on old amps. My Sound City has one for the voltage and one for the output impedance too. Old Marshalls used them as well.

I'd check the fuses, and since you're in the UK I'd rewire that plug to a british one.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
i checked the fuse, its burnt out, its not in the plug, its in the back of the amp, just under the power socket
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Quote by serbusfish
erm this is like the best ss amp ever made, its hardly what id call shite

This does not make sense.

And also, don't be a dumbass and replace the fuse before you find out what caused it to blow - if a fuse blows, theres a reason why it blew.
what doesnt make sense? well im going to get a step down converter for it, I think thats why it blew, cant think of anything else
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Quote by serbusfish
i checked the fuse, its burnt out, its not in the plug, its in the back of the amp, just under the power socket

I know where the fuse is; it's always there on heads. But I was just saying rewire the plug cause it seems sensible to me.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
ahh right, I dont need to rewire plug because I have an adapter which lets me use the USA plug in my UK socket. all i need is a new fuse and a step down converter (i hope anyway!)
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
It's not going to "autoselect" the 240V by itself, you have to manually switch it. Is there an arrow on near the fuse holder that is lined up with 120V right now?
amp clips
amp vids
no there is no switch, ive taken the thing apart and looked inside and there is no switch anywhere. i'll be fine with the stepdown converter, that will convert the 240V from the UK main supply to 110V which the amp needs
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
I don't mean an actual switch, the ones I have seen use a fuse holder that has a little arrow on it. You take it out, and rotate it to line up the arrow with the voltage you are using.
amp clips
amp vids
well yes it has a fuse holder, but i dont see any arrows
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2