Carvin's make awesome guitars if you can't afford PRS' they are probably just as high in quality as any of the "name" brand.
I wish I could check out Carvin, but I can't access their site.

Sooo, I would say John Petrucci's signature Ernie Ball MusicMan models. Deep enough cutaway to access it properly, along with either six or seven strings, tremolo, and piezo pickups. Everything I could ever need.
ibanez rg's
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

there are just too many different options... i'd probably take some high-end jackson soloist or kingV. but i can't afford it.
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
id go with ESP Horizons, ive always loved their neck, but again thats just preferance
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by mothership
ibanez rg's

I was thinking something like an RG1570. I hear some of the Ibanez RGs have terrible vibrato bars. Which ones?

Sometimes I wonder how a guy like Yngwie gets by with only 21 frets...
Last edited by Jongpil Yun at Jan 9, 2007,
Quote by Jongpil Yun
I was thinking something like an RG1570. I hear some of the Ibanez RGs have terrible vibrato bars. Which ones?

the cheaper ones with edge II or edge III bridges. RG1570 has original edge bridge which is great... also, the ZR bridge is supposed to be nice but i haven't tried it.
low end RG's are the one with the terrible trem. i have the S470 and the ZR is really great. only 22 frets though.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Probably an RR3 or King V, I have trouble reaching them on superstrats, and it's almost impossible on an LP or SG shape.
Dickless.
^^too bad RR3 has 22 frets i think. and it's bolt-on... but i wouldn't mind having one.
king V has 24 frets though...
jackson soloist
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by 666_Belial
^^too bad RR3 has 22 frets i think. and it's bolt-on... but i wouldn't mind having one.
king V has 24 frets though...

really? Must have been some other model, but I'm sure it was an RR, string-thru.
Dickless.
Quote by 666_Belial
the cheaper ones with edge II or edge III bridges. RG1570 has original edge bridge which is great... also, the ZR bridge is supposed to be nice but i haven't tried it.

The RG1570 doesnt have an edge . It has an edge pro and while being a decent bridge, is nowhere near the original edge IMO.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Jackson King V

I never really use the 23rd and 24th frets, but it feels wierd using a 22 fret neck afterwards.
carvin and musicman make my favorites
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by Dayn
I wish I could check out Carvin, but I can't access their site.

Sooo, I would say John Petrucci's signature Ernie Ball MusicMan models. Deep enough cutaway to access it properly, along with either six or seven strings, tremolo, and piezo pickups. Everything I could ever need.

Plus, it looks te business.

I want one. Two. A six and a seven, really.
You need to be way more specific, there are just too many variations of 24 fret guitars to pick one that is the best.
Member #15 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join

EMO DEFENDER #10

i love you dude! (in a non-gay way)
OK let me enumerate a few more ideas then:

a) Easy access to high frets
b) $1300 max
c) 3 pickups (HSH or SSS)

I'm actually kind of tempted by the Soloists, but damn, I think the headstocks and fret markings look ugly.

EDIT: So I just saw an RG350 -- they look pretty nice, but is there a higher end version with a better bridge? I really like the pickguard but I hate the fret markings
Last edited by Jongpil Yun at Jan 10, 2007,
Quote by Harvey1532
Jackson King V

I never really use the 23rd and 24th frets, but it feels wierd using a 22 fret neck afterwards.

well it should sound different, too, because the 24th fret is where the neck pickup is supposed to go...so on 24 fret guitars, you sacrifice a little sound quality.

but yeah, jackson soloist or ibanez RG
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.