So my dad invited me to a jam that one of his coworkers is organizing. It will be mostly older musicians (40s, 50s). I'm not sure of the experience levels of the other musicians, but the invite said that any were welcome.

I figured this would be a good opportunity to show off my 1337 skillz (j/k) and my oh-so tasty gear

I'm going to be taking my axe and amp (they said there would be some there as well)

and I wanted to ask you silly pit dwellers if there is anything I should do in preparation/ any other things I might need to bring?

thanksssss
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by deanodon
lube

for buttsecks?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Quote by hamish5178
for buttsecks?

well only if you want to. its recommended though cos you dont wanna be going in dry
hm... this is what I get for asking in the pit.

I'm a little nervous about jamming with older musicians, does anyone have any advice relating to that?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

just hit them all with a flaming basball bat, it will work
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
take biscuits, they'll love you for it. and talk about bus passes and stuff like that. its easy to play with old folk cos they all know they are better than you.
Quote by hamish5178
hm... this is what I get for asking in the pit.

I'm a little nervous about jamming with older musicians, does anyone have any advice relating to that?

Just go with the groove man.. they might not appreciate some of the new metal though.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by SavageNights
Just go with the groove man.. they might not appreciate some of the new metal though.

yeah. i do know some oldies that listen to soad and loads of modern metal though, so they might. just dont go playing any of that emo pop.
goddamn how hard is it to use Google? Took me like 3 seconds.

The two main methods for preparing jams, conserves, and marmalades are by cooking fruit and sugar (1) with no added pectin and (2) with added pectin.

No Added Pectin
Jams, conserves, and marmalades; made without added pectin require longer cooking and have a slightly different flavor from those with added pectin. They also yield a less finished product.

The product is done when the temperature reaches 220° - 222° F.

Added Pectin
If you are preparing a jam, conserve, or marmalade with powdered or liquid pectin, be sure to carefully follow the directions accompanying the pectin product. The order of combining ingredients depends on the type of pectin used.

Successful preparation of pectin-added jams, marmalades, and conserves depends on accurate timing. Begin counting time when the mixture reaches a full rolling boil-one that cannot be stirred down.

There is a third method for preparing jams; it does not require cooking the fruit-this product must be stored in the refrigerator or freezer.

Directions for making jams by three methods, one method for marmalades, preserves, and conserves, follow. You will find many similar recipes in cookbooks.
Quote by LKW

The two main methods for preparing jams, conserves, and marmalades are by cooking fruit and sugar (1) with no added pectin and (2) with added pectin.

No Added Pectin
Jams, conserves, and marmalades; made without added pectin require longer cooking and have a slightly different flavor from those with added pectin. They also yield a less finished product.

Added Pectin
If you are preparing a jam, conserve, or marmalade with powdered or liquid pectin, be sure to carefully follow the directions accompanying the pectin product. The order of combining ingredients depends on the type of pectin used.

Successful preparation of pectin-added jams, marmalades, and conserves depends on accurate timing. Begin counting time when the mixture reaches a full rolling boil-one that cannot be stirred down.

There is a third method for preparing jams; it does not require cooking the fruit-this product must be stored in the refrigerator or freezer.

Directions for making jams by three methods, one method for marmalades, preserves, and conserves, follow. You will find many similar recipes in cookbooks.

Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by LKW

No Added Pectin

Added Pectin

haha
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by LKW

No Added Pectin

Added Pectin

hahahaha
Quote by deanodon
take biscuits, they'll love you for it. and talk about bus passes and stuff like that. its easy to play with old folk cos they all know they are better than you.

Prepare some licks before hand that you can easily transpose into various keys, general rock/blues licks around the minor pentatonic would be alright.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut