I recently took my bass to a guitar shop to fix one of the pickups, and after them fixing it, the guitar technician told me my bass had a good solid body, but my electronics were lacking and that I should invest in some new pickups.

So I figured it would be nice to get some new pickups, I'm willing to rip most, if not all of the electronics to get a decent sound.

It's a 6 String Peavey Grind, price isn't really an issue, and I'd like a recommendation for both Passive and Active. Thanks much.
Don't just do it because he told you to.

But if you like the playability and the feel, and if the bass sounds good unplugged then it could make it sound a lot better.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Quote by TGM
Don't just do it because he told you to.

But if you like the playability and the feel, and if the bass sounds good unplugged then it could make it sound a lot better.

Yeah, it sounds fantastic when it's unplugged, but I always thought it sounded kinda plastic while plugged in, and I think it would help a great deal to have invested in new pickups.

Quote by thedonutman
The humbuckers/soapbars on the peavey might be irregular sized.

Id look at Seymour duncan, EMG and bartolini

Ok, thanks, I'll look into those.