Ok, in my GCSE Electronics course everyone has to do a project where we make an electrical product ourselves. Now, I've heard that Guitar FX pedals aren't all that hard to wire, so I want to make an effects pedal. The problem is though we have to design our own circuit. Do you think that if I study some circuit diagrams of other pedals I could come up with my own design of one of the classic effects?

Oh yeah and if so can you please link some circuit diagrams?
If you wanna make a cheap and quick fuzz pedal, get an old walkman, solder an input jack to the two wires connected to the tape-reading head thing and put an output jack where the headphone socket was. You are now the proud owner of a Sony Fuzzman!
Zed: Bring out the Gimp.
Maynard: But the Gimp's sleeping.
Zed: Well, I guess you better go and wake him up then...
your lucky doing electronics, for my design GCSE we have to make shitty gay trophies

!!!feel the funk blast!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN
Quote by SonOfOsiris
your lucky doing electronics, for my design GCSE we have to make shitty gay trophies

Thats why you choose electronics and not graphics

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
You get to do GCSE electronics? No fair. I'm at AS and we still dont get that option.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by loonyguitarist
You get to do GCSE electronics? No fair. I'm at AS and we still dont get that option.

bloody hell, i did electronics in yr8 for ppl in US thats age... errr.... 13 over half a decade ago... guess things changed quickly. I wouldn't be too dissapointed, you aren't missing anything useful... "this bit goes here... make sure you get the stripe on the side nearest the blue one...." christ, six components and we never even got told what they were. college physics is more useful for this stuff.

"You're a MESS!"
Dont you need a minimum of 5 subsystems?

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Dang, I always forgot the hyphen in Home-Wrecker!

We had technology class at my old school. You start with basic woodworking, then move into mechanics, electronics and computing.
And I had to move to Geneva
Technology would have been the most useful lesson. Here, we don't have that stuff, and physics teachers don't know wtf they're talking about. Shame.
i did GCSE electronics. if i played bass in year 9 i would have definately made an FX pedal. its an easy project to do, just proving it works to the teacher would be harder.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by liquidstate
bloody hell, i did electronics in yr8 for ppl in US thats age... errr.... 13 over half a decade ago... guess things changed quickly. I wouldn't be too dissapointed, you aren't missing anything useful... "this bit goes here... make sure you get the stripe on the side nearest the blue one...." christ, six components and we never even got told what they were. college physics is more useful for this stuff.

Yeah, knowing school they'd find some way of making it uninteresting and thoroughly useless.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.