So i got Boss mt-2, i conected it into my amp (peavey classic 30, if it helps) and it gives this hum, well not really hum, more like a high annoying note, even when it is turned off!(pedal) what the heck is wrong? What should i do?
Probably leads.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Check your leads man ....... thats funny because i used to have that same amp and i have the pedal too. i have a vox now tho
since english isn't my native language, can i ask... what are leads?

please excuse my noobness
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Cables
Dont realy know what can be wrong (i use a MT2) did it work before ?
Did you test it in the shop or did you order it ?
If you cant find out the problem just return it and get a new one.
Thanks but i don't think cables are the problem. I tried few diferent cables but it still does the same. could it be because of power suply? i use adapter from my scanner, is there something wrong if i do this?
and i bought it over ebay kinda page, used, and i don't think i could return it
Quote by Cobe
So i got Boss mt-2, i conected it into my amp (peavey classic 30, if it helps) and it gives this hum, well not really hum, more like a high annoying note, even when it is turned off!(pedal) what the heck is wrong? What should i do?

You pedal and cables are probably acting as an antenna and picking up radiation from your AC power source.

A bad power adapter can be the source of problem also. Unplug the power supply and see what happens.
Last edited by visioncity2000 at Jan 9, 2007,
Try using a battery and see if that works, if it doesnt either the adapter had to much power (guess) and ruined the pedal or its broken and the guy on eBay tricked you.
to visioncity2000: well, how should i prevent it? and yeah, when i unplug adapter, noise is gone, but isn't it because the signal is cutted? and if pedal is broken, what could of gone wrong? could i fix it?
its the adapter youre using. get a Visual Sound one spot or a boss adapter for the pedal.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Well i have no idea what might be broken , maybe the previous owner just took out all the electronics and sold it :lol:

Make sure to try using a battery and see if that works, also if you can post the guys add you bought it from .