i dont gig//
but ive had mine for ages and its as reliable as any other amp as far as ive seen/know about

the only problems may be the tubes//but their problems in every tube amp so eh
should be reliable
cool cool. I am teetering on the edge of buying one and I guess I will.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
only thing i say is tho, dont rely on the lead channel to give you a really hard metal distortion
i have to use my metal muff to get it/ but apart from that its good for normal lead overdriven tones and the cleans are lovely

but go and check it out, its not for absolutely everyone, but nothing is
thats what I've heard. I'm not really into metal too much anymore, so I don't think it will be a problem. when i played one at GC I loved the clean tone and the classic crunch
yeah it is lovely in my opinion
but then again my ears havent been spoilt by a top of the line marshall or wotnot
but compared to my crappy yamaha 10 watt and even my tutors amp its much much nicer and lovely.
so yeah go for it if its right for you =]
I have never giged mine, but I will agree with a few of the previous comments.
I bought mine used, and have not had any problems.
The distortion is not very high gain.
The cleans do sound good, but the reverb is not the best i've heard.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
Ive seen guys gig with the halfstack version. They played punk/pop punk so it fit them quite nicely. It sounded alright when it was cranked...even though he had it EQed horribly.
My guitar teachers bandmate did. He found it fantastic for gigs etc. Very sturdy, athough i don't like the sound, I think it would be perfect for gigging situations.

[tells story about the time was playing the 2*12 combo and blew it up]

It was probs a bit of solder but i was playing for 5 mins max and i wasn't cranking it.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I gig with one. Very reliable. I love the sound too. I use a lot of mids though in my soung, and i really like it. even with my crappy guitars and mediocre cab it still sounds good.

Im in a pop band with a hot chick, so the fans don't listen to the guitar much. But one guy from another band at our last show did say he liked the sound of my VK 100 head.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Randall 4x12 Cab (I hate it, but I'm poor)

Returning the Favour
Quote by guitaristclass

[tells story about the time was playing the 2*12 combo and blew it up]

It was probs a bit of solder but i was playing for 5 mins max and i wasn't cranking it.

yeah, but every company misses at least a few products that have problems. the majority of them don't, and peavey would be more than willing to replace it for you.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
thanks for the input guys. now all i have to do is decide which i want more, a tube amp or a new guitar and a bunch of kick ass t-shirts

such a hard decision...
Last edited by Made Of Metal at Jan 9, 2007,