I have to give a 7-10 min demonstration speech, and i choose to demostrate how to play the guitar. I plan on going over the basics (types of picking, hammer-ons, pull-offs) and a few chords. I'm also going last, so i might be able to play a song, but i want to use the chords i demostrated. Idk what chords i'm gonna show, probably major/minor chords.

Any Idea's on what song i should play? I have a dean mlxl (mlx just left handed) and play almost anything rock or metal.

Thanks!
do what esteban always does, and play house of the rising sun
"Let's go drink till we can't feel feelings anymore."
maybe a charming rendition of yellow submarine that fades into arpeggios from hell?
it could work right?

jokes aside you could play yellow submarine which most people know anddd it just
uses your run of the mill minors and majors and then throw in some loopy improv. easy as pi
Oh dear god, I dont feel alive.
I have a new blog, of the interesting type.

In so far i have seen,

1. The Darkness
2. Wolfmother
3. The Grates
4. Faker
5. Kings of Leon
6. Coheed and Cambria
7. Architecture in Helsinki

and counting.
Ehm something everyone knows like:

Californication - RHCP
Sweet home alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
californication is a good one

show fingerpicking and play stairway to heaven
no, play something that doesn't make it seem like a concert... you don't want your classmate yelling "FREEBIRD!" in the middle of everything.

Californiation, or maybe something by Blue Rodeo...
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by Xerothunder
no, play something that doesn't make it seem like a concert... you don't want your classmate yelling "FREEBIRD!" in the middle of everything.

Californiation, or maybe something by Blue Rodeo...

playing freebird would take up most of the speech
Playing Freebird would take up the entirity of the speech and then some if you play the origional version... over 12 and a half minutes.
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?