I just got an Epiphone Les Paul Jr and I love it to bits, but there is very bad fret buzz on all of the strings if you play anything on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd fret. Anyone know how to fix this?
either that above or:
1, The nut might be to low for the strings that are on.
2, The frets might be starting to lift.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re

2, The frets might be starting to lift.

Why would they? Unless he's soaked the fretboard, that doesn't happen very often. Especially not to LP juniors, which can't be that old as it's a relatively recent model.
it's going to do this because ur neck relaxed a bit. u can raise the bridge and if it doesnt help then repost and ill explain how to adjust the neck

loosen the screws at top of the bridge posts, that will loosen the thumb screws pointed to by red arrows. u raise those then tighten it all up again.

phil's pic.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 9, 2007,
Quote by sashki
Why would they? Unless he's soaked the fretboard, that doesn't happen very often. Especially not to LP juniors, which can't be that old as it's a relatively recent model.

I was just stating what could be happening.

I have an Epi. LP from 1986-87 that had a fret starting to lift recently.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by jj1565
it's going to do this because ur neck relaxed a bit. u can raise the bridge and if it doesnt help then repost and ill explain how to adjust the neck

loosen the screws at top of the bridge posts, that will loosen the thumb screws pointed to by red arrows. u raise those then tighten it all up again.

phil's pic.

remember this is a les paul junior, different bridge/saddles.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
yeah i remember. not different bridge and saddles, same technique. feel free to quote urself next time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^ i was just showing a diagram of the guitar this topic is about
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i know and if ur still not sure why id post what i did, feel free to pm. and we can have a chat.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Blompcube
remember this is a les paul junior, different bridge/saddles.
Thanks a lot, now I will at last have a guitar with no complications. Which way shall I turn them (anti-clockwise I presume to higher it) and can I just use a screwdriver to turn it? (Man I sound like a noob for someone who has been playing for 5 years! )