i have been playing guitar for a little over a year now and i want to know how im doing progress wise.

i took lessons for about 4 months and it really helped with my picking but i havent taken them for almost 3 months now but i practice for like 2-3 hours a day. sometimes 4 hours straight.

i can play anything korn and slipknot fairly decently

ican play avenged savenfolds rythem almost perfectly all the way through on beast and the harlot, bat country, seize the day (non acoustic parts), and i can play burn it down and unholy confessions not all the way through and not perfectly.

i can play now some parts of lamb of god songs like black label and now you've got something to die for, and some othe ones

i can keep time read tabs but not music. (i can read the music but i cant play the note on the guiter. (for example if you tolb me to play a C i would not konw how but if yo asked me to point out C on a song i could do it))

i am can pick really fast and switch strings with my pick hand cleanly but my left hand cant keep up with fingering the notes.

i can tune my guitar by ear almost perfectly. if i have one note that is tuned corectly i can tune in perfectly by ear. but if all are off i can get pretty close to it

thats all i can remember now how do you think i am with my progress.
Not bad with guitar, now work on your english.

Stop trying to look for an ego boost.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
As in, you want people to tell you "yes, you're an absolute fucking talent if you can do that after a year".
"Gear":
1980s Copy of Les Paul [unknown brand]
1980s Acoustic [unknown brand]
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Moonrock
DIY Tubescreamer TS808
Carlsbro Kickstart 25 amp

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org

My Tube Screamer Build
He means that you are bragging and that you want everyone to say how awesome you are.
i've practiced for 6 hours once.

[/put down]
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
no i was concerned i have never really known anyone else who played guitar and i would want to know if i was doing good with my learning or if i truly sucked and there was no hope in my playing then
i am not bragging i don't know where you should be after a year of playing i am just asking. if i was bragging i would of said i can play anything perfect
Ohhhhh i know i think i know what he wants, he wants us to decide weather hes gay or not.

definatly gay.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Quote by Metal/Guitarist
i am not bragging i don't know where you should be after a year of playing i am just asking. if i was bragging i would of said i can play anything perfect

If you would know how to play anything perfect you should say it. If you don't that would be called lying.

"Now if I play that any faster your minds might blow up 'cause I'm so amazing."
im at about the same level and ive been playing just over a year.

i dont really litsen to much of the music that you said that you do, but i can play unholy confessions well.

im not too good at soloing, ive never tried to serisously, but i can a bit.

also, i can play the rythem to practically every metallica song off of thier first four albums if that is anything to go by

and i just learned the lepar affinity by opeth, which is an AWESOME song, and i recommend Opeth to everyone else out there.

i know quite a few people in my school who have been playing a LOT longer than me, and they all say that im better than they were when they had been playing for the same amount of time as me.

and for all you people out thier ready to press the golden FLAME button, im not looking for an ego boost, well, maybe SLIGHTLY, but mostly i am VERY curious with my progression as a guitarist, i want to know how well im doing compared to others.

so no nasty comment please

thank you
ZoMG L0LZ0rZ!11!!!!1ONEONE!111!11211!111TWO!!1! uR aN ObsaLuet Fokcing Taletnz!!1!11!!11!111!11!11 LOL WTF
Quote by IndieMetalhead
i've practiced for 6 hours once.

[/put down]

I've practiced for 10 hours once.

[/out doing]

Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
they way i see it, its not how many other bands songs you can play that makes you a good guitarist, its when you get past all the ego shit and just realize that playing other peoples songs doesn't make you good. its when you develop your own style that makes you a good guitarist.
MY GEAR
Vox AC50Cp2
Behringer V-AMPIRE lX1200H
Behringer BG412F Half Stack
PEAVEY ENVOY 112
DIGITECH RP80
DIGITECH DEGIDELAY
ART & LUTHERIE Electric-Acoustic
Godin Freeway EMG
FENDER Standard Tele
YAMAHA Strat
Quote by Smokey Amp
I've practiced for 10 hours once.

[/out doing]

I practiced 62 hours one day.
Quote by SaXXoN
I practiced 62 hours one day.

Ah, I assume you used to Petrucci method of traveling back in time?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."