http://www.myspace.com/the_definitive_edition

rather loosely recorded cover, done after too much to drink at stupid o clock in the morning, never the less i think its charming haha

male and female vocals, i would particularly like to know opinions on the harmonica/guitar break at 2 minutes. We've been wondering whether to scrap or save.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Very cool song. I've never this band or song before but I think you did an excellent job of covering it. I liked it so much that I've been watching a couple videos of this on youtube.

I thought the recording quality definitely could have been better. Lots of fuzz in a lot of places. There are several ways described in these forums on how to get a pretty good sound without fancy equipment. I really liked the male/female vocal combination. Thought it sounded very well together. Regarding the 2:00 mark you asked about, I like the idea of it and it sounds good, but I thought a clarity/smoothness of the harmonica sound you usually hear was lacking. I'm no harmonica expert, just basing off the likes of Bob Dylan and whatnot. Try to make it connect more, make it smoothly; don't make it 'choppy' persay.

Very good cover. I enjoyed it!

Do you have any other songs or an album that you'd recommend to me?
Hi!

Sig Retired.
That was pretty excellent. I thought the dual vocals worked well. THe recording was good too I thought. Not bad at all. I didn't mind the break either. I thought it seemed nice enough. ANy way, nice work. If you would, check out and crit my Dead Kennedys or Bad Religion covers in my sig. I think you could appreciate them, being an old punker and all. SLF are amazing.
I'll start with a small negative - the tempo is a bit too fast IMO. I got used to it by the end of the song, but I'm used to the original's speed.
Having said that, you two sound good together! I like the harmonica section - I don't think a traditional blues style harmonica sound would have been appropriate for the song.; yours is more upbeat!

Crit my Kylie covers!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503350
I have never heard "have" in place of "ƒuck" before. Are you covering the radio edit or something? A bit speedy, but nice duet.
Quote by Shadow Self
I have never heard "have" in place of "ƒuck" before. Are you covering the radio edit or something? A bit speedy, but nice duet.

I just thought "have" didnt sound as tacky, it is the radio version yes, we chose to do that version because in my opinion, swearing is simply an indication of a limited vocabulary, it wasnt necessary in the song- so we didnt use it.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
I don't believe swearing is an indication of limited vocabulary in this case. I have a feeling they knew the word "have". I think it is just one of those things that makes The Beautiful South so wonderfully quirky... a sweet little song with a nice voice, and then that comes out of nowhere. It's a punchline, not a vocabulary problem.
the birds voice sounds a bit like her from the moldy peaches. good cover i like it