Ive been watching alot of movies lately, and im really liking a couple independent films ive seen. Most do a good job of making me think, and i like that. Can anyone name a couple good ones for me to watch. I also love horror movies, and from what I know most great horror movies are independent films.
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
Night of the Living Dead.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Bubba Ho-Tep
Spun- Not a horror but a great movie about meth
My Gear:
Shecter C-1+
Hohener Acoustic
Sound Gear sg305dx Bass
Homemade 2x12 Cabinet loaded with Eminence
Texas Heat Speakers
Epi Valve Junior Head
and as soon as it ships
from Musiciansfriend a EH Metal Muff
The remake was just special effects man Tom Savini adding a few scenes. I haven't watched, opinions are pretty much divided.

Evil Dead
Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
There's a movie called Pi that's pretty trippy.

The same guy did Requiem for A Dream. If you haven't seen that, you should.

Run Lola Run is a pretty cool foreign indie film if you don't hate subtitles. It has an english track, but the voice talent is appalling.

Another is a movie called Dead and Breakfast. It's a horror film/comedy. People say it's America's answer to Shaun of the Dead.

A movie came out recenlty called Brick. I don't think it had much theatre time, but it's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

If you want to get into the really weird "true" independent B-movie spirit, you can always check out movies from the Troma series. Those are always a trip.

Finally, a movie came out recently called "Primer". If you're into movies that mess with your head and really make you think, you should definitely check that out. It has to do with time travel and was a total indie film. Again, I don't think that one even appeared in a theatre, but man, it's a mind &@%*...
L'eau froide (if you speak french)

Reconstruction (2003 Danish film)

A Scanner Darkly

Big Lebowski and Trainspotting and Shallow Grave and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and any Arronofsky film.

And you can't forget the brilliant (yes they are!) Robocop and Soldaat van Oranje.

To guy above me, Brick was a fucking sick movie, I'll recommend that.

In This World was a really emotional and sweet movie (well docu-drama, its hard to explain).

Meh, all the independent films I watch are foreign really. Not all but most. Let me know if you don't mind watching films in subtitles (don't you dare watch movies dubbed!).
Last edited by bajeda at Jan 9, 2007,
Cannibal Holocaust Suspiria. I've never saw those movie but from what i heard cannibal holocaust is scary as hell
Rawr!
Existenz, The Fly, History of Violence, Scanners ... these aren't necessarily independant, but David Cronenberg is a ****ing genius
Quote by marcus00
There's a movie called Pi that's pretty trippy.

The same guy did Requiem for A Dream. If you haven't seen that, you should.

Run Lola Run is a pretty cool foreign indie film if you don't subtitles. It has an english track, but the voice talent is appalling.

Another is a movie called and Breakfast. It's a horror film/comedy. People say it's America's answer to Shaun of the .

A movie came out recenlty called Brick. I don't think it had much theatre time, but it's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

If you want to get into the really weird "true" independent B-movie spirit, you can always check out movies from the Troma series. Those are always a trip.

Finally, a movie came out recently called "Primer". If you're into movies that mess with your head and really make you think, you should definitely check that out. It has to do with time travel and was a total indie film. Again, I don't think that one even appeared in a theatre, but man, it's a mind &@%*...

Brick is awesome. Anything with Sister Ray in the credits is fine by me.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by marcus00

Yeah that movie is really good. Have to watch it a few times to really follow it.
The United States of Leland - for a good indie movie (very good in fact)

and for Horror? what's scarier than tranvestites?

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Trainspotting! YES great movie! Zach Braff from scrubs makes some really good indie films too.

I saw this one movie awhile back, it was about a teenager mom and this kid that carried around a hand gernade. It was Brillinat!I cant rember its name tho, sound fimilar?
Last edited by your_martyr at Jan 16, 2008,
trainspotting

irreversible (it's pretty graphic..........it's an amazing film)
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Oldboy and Ichi the killer.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Dirty Pretty Things
Nobody Knows (directed by Hirokazu Koreeda)
Performance
Requiem for a Dream (it might **** you up a little, be warned)

That's a nice varied list for you.
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
Any film by Shane Meadows.

'Dead Mans Shoes' is probably his best, followed by 'A Room For Romeo Brass'.

EDIT: Clerks by Kevin Smith is definitely recommended too.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Last edited by Vince Noir at Jan 16, 2008,
Star Wars V and VI could be classified as independent films.

Only IV had the studio on Lucas' back about money and a release date.

After IV was released, Lucas bought every single thing he could buy in order for the studio to have absolutely no say, whatsoever, in his movies. The only thing Fox did was distribute it.

Not your everyday independent film, but they were independent.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Clerks, as has been said, is a brilliant film. Also, Man Bites Dog is a great film. Group of Belgian film students follow round a mock serial killer and document his thoughts/actions ect like it was normal. Very funny...
It Could Be Sweet, Like A Long Forgotten Dream

Quote by MattDaviesFFAF
...let me (genuinely) congratulate you on posting the most interesting thread I've seen in an age.

Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python Appreciation Society
Quote by nebiru
Oldboy and Ichi the killer.

Those are great films.

I'll have to +1 Trainspotting, Scanners, A Scanner Darkly, Irreversible, and Pi.
auf wiedersehn lenin

great film about the fall of the Berlin wall

also quite funny
i have a question. has anyone seen the independent movie called Eagle Vs. Shark?
it might be called Shark Vs. Eagle.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by Doodleface
The United States of Leland - for a good indie movie (very good in fact)

Yeah, that was a pretty good movie.
theres also this one about this French brother and sister and thier american room mate. Its pretty sweet. The American went to france to excape the draft for veitnam. to make a long story short, lots of fruntal nudity, lots of mohltav cocktails
Elephant, thats a pretty good movie i think it pretty much follows the lives of the various characters on the day of the Columbine shootings-with some random gay shower scene
the first ninja turtles movie was an independent film, and the highest grossing indie of all time.
^ That movie was pretty sweet except for the shower seen. Right before that part came on, i was thinkn to my self that, now those to are gonna have anal, just jokingly but then it happened and it was pretty funny. The best part was the end tho. the one kills the couple in the cafateria then his partner walks up and makes head spagetti out of him!
To bump this thread back up, I just watched The Science of Sleep this evening, and loved it. I think I'm going to look into more independent movies now.
Quote by rocktolive
One time, I swear my PB&J sandwich talked to me... maybe it was food poisoning?