what would be the best amp under £300 (maybe 350) for the following styles:

iron maiden
SRV
lynyrd skyrd

general rock to metal, to blues. something that primarily will be played heavy but have really good warm tones for the cleaner stuff and the areas in between

"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
How much power do you need?

Marshall AVT series is good, but you can get better for it's price

Peavey Valveking is cheap, all-valve, too, but the tone won't suit everyone. It sounds awfully metallic, even though it's a tube amp.

You can get all-valve Laneys pretty cheap. I've never tried one, but I've heard that they're good and have enough gain. Same applies to Ashdowns.

Perhaps Vox AD's as well.
Maybe a Laney, VC30(More classic rock/blues orientated, for warm tones.)/LC30 (Better for metal.).
If you can't go for the all tube then a Roland Cube would be a good option or a Vox AD30VT.
im looking for some thing with a complete minimum of 50w (loud as hell drummer lol)

Quote by CoreysMonster

Try an Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 watt 2 x 12. Loads of gain for metal and the clean channel can be good for classic rock and clean. I got one second hand for £315 off ebay, and I LOVE it
30w all tube would get you over your drummer well. An extension cab would push more air and project better, or maybe you could get the 212 or 210.
But the valve king would probably get you what you want. Although i'm not a fan of it.
can any amp be used as a pream for a cab, incase i get on the pub gig circuit soon with a small amp like this for volume with clarity

Quote by CoreysMonster

For pub gigs a 30 watt + valve amp will do you, as long as it has at least a 12" speaker. Personally I'd still really recommend the Ashdown if you can find one in your price range.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Combo-Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-Tube-Combo-Guitar-AMP_W0QQitemZ190057866873QQihZ009QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem that would do or try and find an old one without the effects but the 60 watt version...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Combo-Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-60w-Tube-Combo-Guitar-AMP_W0QQitemZ190057862988QQihZ009QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem bit more expensive, so you could try watching this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-DSP-60watt-Valve-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ130065358342QQihZ003QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
thanks anyway, but no ebay, ihavent got anyway to pay and you never know if its gonna be any good. i saw a thread earlier by some guy who got some amp off ebay which was sposed to be the shiz, but came to him shit.

Quote by CoreysMonster

the vox AD50VT seems good, would you guys recommend it, or should i avoid it for my music?

p.s. is the vox just a modelling amp, or is it an amp of its own with the choice to change it to other amps????

Quote by CoreysMonster

Last edited by permanentmarker at Jan 9, 2007,