Hi all, i have checked most of the net, and ive had no luck, and i was wondering if any of you guys could help. Anyway, the other day Photoshop just decided to stop working, when it start it up it loads up all the plug-ins etc etc, gets to loading brushes, then just collapses. Ive checked the files and everything needed to run Photoshop is there, and i have re-installed many times, and tried installing it on both my hard drives (at different times obviously), i did have an error message come up only once about a windows scratch plate or something? (this didnt come up again though when i tried system restore) Any help will be gladly accepted, thanks.
Photoshop CS2.

illegal downloading is the best.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
I don't have any problems with it.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
did you completely uninstall the old vision before installing the new.. Try control+alt+del and endtask on programs you are not using. Sounds like you've run out of ram. Do you run spyware scans of any type?
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
dont use spysweeper it doesnt pick up jack use sophos AV.

When did you get spysweeper? (serious Q for your problem)
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
windows... scratch plate?!
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Ok try reinstalling spysweeper as lots of these types of programs interfere in the running of others what about antivirus programs?
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
reinstal that as well as a file that photoshop may use that is encrypted may not be getting recognised by Norton anymore so it wont let photoshop run as it may think it is a virus
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
That happened to me once. All I did was re-install it and it worked again .
It stops at the brushes, huh? That means theres probably an error in them. Go to Program Files, and try deleting the brushes and presets. Then try loading it again.

Happened on my old laptop. doesnt matter how many times you re-install it, unless you delete those files, it wont start.
the scratchplate is just complaining that its on the same partition as the windows swap file. i suggest an entire hard drive or a new partition for swap files!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Im not gonna go for a new hard drive:P i'll try getting rid of the brushes and putting them back in though, cheers.
it's adobe; endorsed by satan.

which doesn't stop me using their products, but still...i haven't had many problems with PS7, but i hear CS2 is full of bugs, so i'd stick with 7 if i was you.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by fatboyme
Im not gonna go for a new hard drive:P i'll try getting rid of the brushes and putting them back in though, cheers.

No, dont load them again. Download a new set later. I meant load Photoshop up lol