well i have an xbox 360 on the way to my house that gets the 3 red lights or whatever. i have been reading online about the problems associated with this and one of htem was overheating. now i plan on getting an intercooler or fan stand but some people say its not the console itself, its the power brick. my question is. will like putting a fan over it and keeping the fan constantly blowing air on it help along with an intercooler on the console? just curious. i also asked the guy if he registered the console and he said no and that he got it last easter of 06 i believe. will i be able to get it repaired for free under MS new extended warranty? thanks
Officer Nole07 of the U.G.P.D

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
Moving the brick helped mine a little, but mine has serious hardware problems, so it's dead. Regardless, is your power brick behind a tv or somewhere where it would overheat? You're fine as far as the waranty goes, it's a year on all 360's
brnh.bandcamp.com
well i dont have the xbox yet, is currently in transit to my house from a dude in arizona. but i was talking to him and he said that microsoft said they could fix it for 140 bucks. now maybe he talked to them before they initated the 1 year warranty....hopefully. lol

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
If your console is in an well ventilated room and in open space then it shouldn't be overheating. Clearly there's a problem with the console, but since when was that new for Microsoft?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Avoid the aftermarket fans you can get to increase the airflow, they put more wear on the current cooling system which will lead to it breaking again!
well would i still be able to send the xbox in for repair because the guy bought it in early 06? for free? and if he registered it even though he said he didnt, would i run into problems there trying to get it sent in?

Quote by rockybo