Hey UGers.

I'm fifteeen, and recently i've started playing alot more technical stuff. But my speed has started to slow down. And now as im typing, whenever i lift my ring finger on my right hand, the same muscle hurts in my hand and strains and aches. thats finger is also colder than the others. this also happens wehn i lift up my guitar. its only really properly started when i started playing without warming up, earlier today. i always warm up for 10 mins using exercises my teacher, and favourite guitarists use.

I play when i sit down or stand up using the same sort of body positions as classical guitarists with the same sort of picking. I play for 1-3 hours a day, and I'm seriously scared.

Have i got RSI? How can i avoid it?

Cheers guys

PLOP

ps-if you can please help because i fear that i may never play guitar again!
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
damn, another case of the now all too common RSI - Retarded Shred Injury
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Quote by cefasnacht
i don't think the ug doctor is online right now, so go see a real one!

lol sorry only wondering because you guys know alot about guitar and if you are all guitar players (or bassists) then you might have had it or been scared that you have or or know someone who does or did or whatever....

thanks anyway
Quote by Aussie_skater

Quote by Seth Shadows

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Yeah, stop playing. Aches=bad and will only do you more damage if you strain it. Just go to a doctor and face reality.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
As far as I know, RSI is more common in the wrists than in the fingers. Maybe you hurt the muscle doing something. I might be wrong about this, though.

Go to a doctor.
you have rsi and there is onlso some other thing you have caught, i actually learnt about it in school you should go to the doctors it takes like three weeks to cure.

Does your hand hurt when it gets hot - like holdin a cup of tea
does your hand hurt when it gets cold - like when putting your hand in the freezer to get somethin.

if so go to the doctors asap!
Quote by PLOP
lol sorry only wondering because you guys know alot about guitar and if you are all guitar players (or bassists) then you might have had it or been scared that you have or or know someone who does or did or whatever....

thanks anyway
Definitely go see a doctor and please don't assume that because someone knows about guitar that they know anything about RSI. In similar threads like this on this board as well as others, many have given the terrible advice to "just play through it". RSI is serious involving tendons and nerves. Go see a doctor. I'm a sufferer myself. Don't wait until you do serious damage. Also, start looking at other activities that might be contributing factors - time on the computer, video games, forgetting to warm up and stretch, etc...

Regards,

Rob
thanks guys i was already planning on doing so tomorow cus its night in the UK and my doctor aint open.
Quote by Aussie_skater

Quote by Seth Shadows

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
is it difficult to move your fingers when you first wake up in the morning? i had rsi and my fingers were really stiff when i woke up. i had to wiggle them about for a while for the stiffness to go away.
RSI isn't a disease. It's a group of diseases that are caused by repetitive strain.
Go see a doctor, self-diagnosing is bad.