hi i am getting a cube 60 and wanted to make a footswitch for it, i am not sure about the switch i need to use, i want it so i can push the switch and the effects comes on then push it again and the effect goes off. what sort of switch do i need to use? Latching Unlatching or momentary?
also how do i wire it up to a 1/4 '' mono input jack?
Quote by yawn
Don't tell anyone, but I like to kill Smurfs.

Gear:
Fender special edition lite ash tele
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
a plain on/off would work better.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I have a cube 60, and you definately need a momentary switch. If you use a normal momentary switch it will work ok, but the effects will come on when u release the pedal after stepping on it. The effect will then stay on until you press the pedal and THEN release it again. This results in a small delay in the effects coming on and off. If you use a push-to-break momentary footswitch though it will work perfectly and the effects will come on and off on pressing the switch and then pressing it again. The trouble is i can't find momentary push-to-break FOOTswitches, so had to use a normal smaller push-to-break switch. These are less heavy duty but i find it still works perfectly. Here's what you need

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=2494&criteria=PUSH%20SWITCHES&doy=10m1

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=1252&doy=10m1

and a box to put it in

PM me for more info
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Would you have to add any other components?
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )