Hey guys, i play guitar in a band metal and i use a marshall mg100 Amp and a metal master distortion pedal. I play a jackson flying V guitar and im looking into deans becuase i love the feel and sound. the sound i am producing is not as satisfying as i would like. I would like for my sound to be very thick and tight. can anyone help me acheive this sound? i would appreciate it. thanks.
New amp
Yer gna get a flamming fer your mg
or at least, everone will say, buy a tube amp
which you probably should do..
whats your budget,

first of all, the cheapest way would be, to change your guitars standard pickups to emgs or even a SD dimebucker is you like the sound form the dean (taking it is the dimebag one)

and then buy a new amp, tube amp would be very good, save up for one, dont get tricked into buying a solid state with loads of stiff on them like line 6s

they r shocking!
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Quote by pierce34celtic
Get rid of the MG and upgrade to a tube amp, what's your budget?

+five billion
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
He doesn't necessarily need a valve amp, there are plenty of good SS amps that deliver what he wants out there. And for now, a pickup swap certainly won't cut it.
Quote by Barboom
+five billion

+ 10000000000000000000000000
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Quote by sexyguitargod
first of all, the cheapest way would be, to change your guitars standard pickups to emgs or even a SD dimebucker is you like the sound form the dean (taking it is the dimebag one)

He actually used a Bill Lawrence XL-500. Check it out.
Newwwwwwww Amppppppp

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
Id say a Peavey 5150 will do it.

Get rid of your amp and dsitportion pedal.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
He doesn't necessarily need a valve amp, there are plenty of good SS amps that deliver what he wants out there. And for now, a pickup swap certainly won't cut it.

Careful - you keep talking sense like that and people will talk....

A pickup swap is pointless - that's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The bottleneck is the amp, and that's what needs changing above anything else.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Sell your MG to a nny beginner saying you'll give him a MARSHALL for cheap, and buy yourself tube combo.
Dickless.