hi guys perhaps you can help with this cuz line 6 are seemingly useless:

Ive got a Line 6 Toneport UX1-it worked fine on my laptop but when I bought a new PC and installed the device I get crackling whilst Im playing. Ive emailed Line 6 a couple of times and they've said that its a common problem with all new processors-apparently the new chip sets being produced arent compatible with it...

They suggested however as a workaround solution that I buy a usb pci card and plug into that. Ive bought this, however, they have since opened an email I sent last week that contained screenshots of my computer spec. They have replied this afternoon saying that my chip set is "fine" and not one of those "commonly associated with the problem".

Has anyone else had this problem where a USB PCI card has not solved the problem of the crackling?
Ive heard it happening, its quite annoying. My suggestion is to get an external USB hub. Borrow one first, plug it in, try it out, and if it dosent crackle, get your own.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
i have a toneport ux1 but it works fine for me...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Pickup, an externable USB hub would be something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817201004

Its more or less the same thing, but it runs on its own power instead of the computers power, so hopefully that would eliminate the crackling.

ECistheBest, its gonna depend on what motherboard chipset you use, youre one of the lucky ones i guess.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12