I can't decide what model to use, either Nu-Metal or US Hi Gain. Regardless, I was wondering if anyone had one, and if they know what model and EQ I should have. Danka.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
well for high gain i use the uk modern model, imo all the other hi gain models sound very sterile and digital
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Quote by chris24789
well for high gain i use the uk modern model, imo all the other hi gain models sound very sterile and digital

how is your amp? im thinkin bout getting one like it, is it any good for metal(maiden), straight to the blues(SRV), and classic rock?
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Quote by Jeff Manthei
i would assume Nu-Metal and do the sweep eq (high highs and lows and low mids)

The common term for that is MidScoop I believe, Metallica sort of invented it.
Quote by permanentmarker
how is your amp? im thinkin bout getting one like it, is it any good for metal(maiden), straight to the blues(SRV), and classic rock?

I love my amp has fanatsic cleans, gives a great classic rock tone and blues tone (SRV) and with decent eq'ing gives great metal tones although im primarily a metal player so im thinking I should of got the roland cube instead but yes it can get maiden esque tones.

The only problm ive had with the amp is the oose input jack which occasionly loosens and sometimes can come out from the amp this can be annnoying but apprenely this is a common problem with the vox valvetronix series amps.

Hope this helps over all its a great amp.

and i see you lve in NI as well you should go down to matchetts and try the amp out, although atm i dont think they have the 50 watt version just the 100 and 30 watt but these will give you an idea of the amps tones.
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Last edited by chris24789 at Jan 9, 2007,
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

I don't really like the sound of the nu-metal and Hi-gain. They're a little too compressed sounding. For classic/hard rock I use the Uk 80s (its modeled after the JCM 800) and for metal I use the UK Modern (I think its modeled after the newer JCM models like the 2000). Also for less gain classic rock I use the Vox AC30TB.
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack
Quote by Jeff Manthei
i would assume Nu-Metal and do the sweep eq (high highs and lows and low mids)

The term is scoop, not sweep. Sweeping commonly refers to a picking technique.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Actually the UK Modern is modeled after a mode four. The UK 90s on the better models is a DSL i believe.
For a heavy sound I usually use the UK Modern or the US Hi-Gain

Treble - 7-8
Mid - 3-4
Bass - 10