I need a guitar that can handle blues, classic rock, and some not too heavy metal. Budget is $400, 500 max. I was thinking about the schecter gryphon, epi g-400, epi les paul plain top, and epi explorer. What do you guys think i should go with?
ibanez rg pretty much anything, maybe if you can find one without emgs, just cuz they dont have that perfect bluesy sound, they definetely get classic rock and metal right on...
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
I didn't include the rg because i didn't really like the look of it. The s- look much better imo but i havn't been able to find any in my price range that are decent.
The epiphone g400 would work, and with the lowered price of the g400 you could probably get new pups too. =)
Setup:
Ibanez SZ520QM Gold Amber Burst w/ tone zone bridge and Norton Neck
Gibson Faded SG
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Pedals
Maxon OD808 pedal
Boss CE-5
Boss Ph-3
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Holy Grail
Danelectro Danecho
Quote by GuitarNinja12
MIM Strat HSS

yes!

it my not look metal but sure as hell can play it
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
i like the epiphones.
and for the idiots who think its not metal, **** you.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
After thinking about it a little i think it's down to the epi g400, schecter gryphon, or schecter c-1. which should i get?

I ruled out the lp because it was too heavy, strats are a bit too normal, and i just liked the schecter and sg shapes over the explorer.
How is zZounds to order from? I havn't seen anyone with a better price on the c-1. Most places don't even have it.
Quote by pierce34celtic
Schecter C-1, better pickups and versatility.

SCHECTER FTW!!! im planning on getting one in the near future!
My Gear
Agile AL-3000 Prestige Slim Profile Neck
Schecter C-1 PLUS
Washburn WD18SW Solid-Wood Acoustic
Vox AD30vt with the VFS2 footswitch
Fender PT-100 tuner
Vox wah pedal
Well the Epi LP Gold top is surprisingly cheap (at least here, and this is Canadian currency too). It was just under 400 bucks when I bought my Epi LP custom.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help