well, this is pretty much what i have: guitar > digitech df7 > digitech grunge > fab chorus. is that decent enough for now? yes, i'm a struggling teenage guitarist with no money and wanted to know what else i should get when i have money. btw, i'm in a band. what do u recommend? wah? delay? sustainer/compressor?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I would slowly phase out all the digital effects and replace them with analog ones, they sound much better. Apart from that, I like.
umm...what do you mean with analog effects? what's the difference from the digital ones?

EDIT: yes, i mainly play rhythm...and mainly grungish/hard rock/alt./metal

Last edited by evening_crow at Jan 9, 2007,
Well effects can either be based off of a digital chip or off an analog circuit, basically the analog circuits came first and then in recent years a wave of digital effect/multieffect processor have become available. Generally, most people find that the old analog effects (Boss makes some very good ones) sound better than the digital ones, as the digital ones only seek to replicate the sound of the older analog ones.

Someone else could probably explain this much better than me.
Quote by evening_crow
umm...what do you mean with analog effects? what's the difference from the digital ones?

EDIT: yes, i mainly play rhythm...

lol

good edit.... you could have ended up being called a n00b by a bunch of insane zakk-wylde obsessed guitarists :P
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
all the stuff with analog vs. digital isn't necessarily true...

TS9's use ICs! BAM! PWNED!

sorry.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
The next pedal you should get should probably be a nice 100 dollar reverb pedal (I suggest the EHX Holy Grail Reverb Pedal) then you would be smart not to waste your money on a wah or a talk box, but to save up for something.
Quote by tubab0y
all the stuff with analog vs. digital isn't necessarily true...

TS9's use ICs! BAM! PWNED!

sorry.

an integrated circuit doesnt make something digital.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") heres a list

grunge digitech
rp80 (this has like 3 million effects on it
boss metal zone
boss ds-1
crybaby
digitech pahaser(8 osom effects)
line 6 delay
boss delay(this will give you an amazing vintage solo tone)
boss chorus
digitech synth wah
whammy by digitech
boss noise supressor(most important thing you will ever buy)
boss and digitech flanger
electro harmonix bigg muff
digitech metal master
boss eguilizer

i use marshall distortion buils into my marshall amp
its a jcm 2000 and cost me $2000 dollars the best in vestment you will ever make
umm....thanks for all the advice. whenever i save enough money i guess i'll most likely go for a wah if my band's system has a built-in reverb. otherwise, a reverb.

I'd go for a reverb over a wah. Wah's are great for lead but not so much for rhythm. Could also try a pphaser for those wooshing jet like effects.
^Phaser? More like flanger, but OK.
Quote by whitebluesboy
The next pedal you should get should probably be a nice 100 dollar reverb pedal (I suggest the EHX Holy Grail Reverb Pedal) then you would be smart not to waste your money on a wah or a talk box, but to save up for something.

11th Commandment: Thou shalt not say that wah pedals are a waste of money. Wahs are great effects, used in most styles of music at some point.