Hey i have heard alot of talk about tube amps and whats better and such. i have decided on this amp.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-60-DSP-2x12-Combo-?sku=485044

now the question is what works better with this amp or tube amp in general. the distortion If i buy im getting the metal muff. Or overdrive(plz post im not up to date on od pedals). im looking for metallica sounds and heavy metal.im also looking for some thing that can get searing leads and crunchy lows , and picks up harmonics.
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh
don't stick your penis in it

MY RIG!
Kramer Striker Custom FR-424 CM
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Johnson Electric Acoustic
Zoom GFX-1 Multi Effect pedal
Randall RX25
Behringer Distortion Pedal
Yeah I'd like to know that too, was gonna start a thread on it myself. I have the pre-DSP effects version of that amp, it ROCKS
whats the diff between overdrive and distortion?

<-- bass player, no knowledge of distortion stuff.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
It's all in the name: One ovedrives, the other distorts.
Usually an overdrive pedal is used on tube amps, whereas distortion pedals sound the best on solid-states that have bad built-in overdrive. Again, this is USUALLY.
More so, overdrive pedals are usually used in conjunction with the amp's overdrive, meaning that it drives the tubes even further than the amp's overdrive is providing.

Hope I could help.

By the way, this topic has been covered in tons of threads already. Use the search feature and you'll find all the answers you're lookin' for.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
sweet, thanks
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
with a tube amp i would recommend an OD...it really drives the tubes into a godly tone. you say you like Metallica I, if not mistaken, believe they play with TubeScreamer or TS-9's which is an overdrive.
how do ts-9 sound?
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh

MY RIG!
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Randall RX25
The TS-9 is considered one of the best overdrive pedals available, if not the best.
Most of today's good overdrive pedals are based off of the TS-9, definitely check it out.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Last edited by Pleiadian at Jan 10, 2007,
Hammet only uses the TS-9 as an overdrive boost for solos.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
hmm sounds like i might have too look at one.
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh

MY RIG!
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Randall RX25
Ibanez TS-808 tubescreamer (I like the stevie Ray Vaughan and Rory Gallagher Tubescreamer sounds) but TS-9 i geuss would be more metal, and the BOSS DS-1 distortion still sounds good through a tube amp!
Jekyyl and Hyde, the OD half is based on the tubescreamer (the t8__ model I think) and aparently sounds exactly, if not better in some peoples opinions.

AND of course you have the added bonus of a seperate Distortion side, or both together.
Overdrive is soft clipping, Distortion is Hard clipping. I use a Boss Mt-2 through a THD Bivalve Tube amp. But From the Looks of the Amp, you might not need a Distortion or Overdrive pedal, it comes with a four button footswitch, so you can set one channel for your sound, and set the other channel with a bit more distortion and a slightly higher volume, plus this amp has effects, so your pretty much set up.
SWEET! i cant wait to get this bad ass!
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh

MY RIG!
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Randall RX25
Buying a DSP tube amp is just retarded. Buy one without effects.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.