OK guys I have had a crate guitar pack for about 5 years but I never continue because i get to the point where my pick hand cant go as fast as the songs i want to play. So I have played on and off since i got my guitar. Well last year i got a marshall 30 watt amp from my friend and am gonna try again at playing and I think ill be able to stick with it if i get a different guitar im trying to stay under $200 since i'm still a beginner but I want a nice change from my crappy crate since other then messing around on my friends ibanez (sorry dont know model since he bought it like 6 years ago also it feels so much better playing and sounding on) i have not played on any other guitars i just want some opinions out there on what guitar to get thanks!
well what stylle of music do you play?
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
that bc rich is not very nice at all.... i know your on a budget... but i would advise you to buy a very nice guitar... spend te extra cash... i tell you this because a 200$ guitar will last you 2 years tops.... but a nice guitar that costs areound 400 to 500 will last you a life time.... check out some ESP's... i got one and it hasnt faild me yet.
well i wanna get to the point of playing things like guns n roses, X-Japan, megadeth, AC/DC so more rock or metal
I agree that $200 on a guitar won't last you very long and you won't be happy with it in a year or two. Spending the extra 2-300 makes a HUGE difference. Like dubes said you can checkout some ESP LTD's or even check out some cheaper epiphones. I still play my epiphone SG that i bought for 400 a few years ago and im still happy with it.
Quote by dubes216
that bc rich is not very nice at all.... i know your on a budget... but i would advise you to buy a very nice guitar... spend te extra cash... i tell you this because a 200$ guitar will last you 2 years tops.... but a nice guitar that costs areound 400 to 500 will last you a life time.... check out some ESP's... i got one and it hasnt faild me yet.

ok ill keep that in mind any recommendations?
yes thoes KH's are very nice... i also recommend an F-250... really nice guitar's
Just save up more, you don't want a guitar that will crap out on you a few months later.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I am in a similar situation. I have had my Hohner Rockwood Pro strat copy since 2002 hwich I got for $200 CDN and a Samick SM-10 amp. I am having a hard time convincing my dad to get me my second guitar. He said what's wrong with the guitar you got? He thinks that even if I get a guitar for $400-$500 or more it will sound the same as the guitar I have. He also thinks I should be happy with the guitar I have. I am getting tired of it and want a better guitar and amp. do you agree? I do agree with the others. Save your money and get a good guitar and amp that you will be happy with and that will last you a lifetime
Rudy da Costa