Hey guys I'm thinking on buying a randy rhoads v but I wanna all the pros and cons before i spend my money on one i also want to know the cost. I've looked on jackson.com and they all look pretty good as far as pickups are concerned. I like to play alot of metal like pantera, metallica, Iron Maiden ect.
Have you actually played it? You may despise the v shape feel.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
add me to your myspace. i have a pic of me with my Jackson Pro Series RR3 on there. these are FINE ASS guitars! especially for playing this kinda music. these guitars are awesome. nice feel. not an AWESOME sitting guitar in my opinion though. the seymour duncans on my rr3 catch my pinch harmonics like NO other.

www.myspace.com/rockgodindamaking
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Quote by Cocnut Rag
Have you actually played it? You may despise the v shape feel.

yes i have played it i was going to buy an epiphone v but i like this one more
I am also thinking of getting a rhoads and was thinking of the rr3. But playing Metallica, megadeth and stuff like that, it would be better a guitar with emgs. Do you think an RR3 would still sound fine for these kind of stuff? (Oh and I play Metallica mostly pre-Black Album )
Quote by Kenit
I am also thinking of getting a rhoads and was thinking of the rr3. But playing Metallica, megadeth and stuff like that, it would be better a guitar with emgs. Do you think an RR3 would still sound fine for these kind of stuff? (Oh and I play Metallica mostly pre-Black Album )

Megadeth use seymour duncans (dave used a SD JB/Jazz setup, now he uses his custom active SD which are active versions of those 2 pickups) and both marty and dave used jacksons (marty a kelly and dave a King V), so ye the RR3 will sound fine for thrash metal.

I love the Jackson Rhoads and King V models. Id get myself a nice RR5 if I had the cash (or a RR1 or KV2 if I had even more cash ).
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
The new Jacksons RR3 come with the set up that megadave used to have.

I brought one without playing at first. It's a great guitar! Mine seemed to be set up by a monkey but once right it's sweet. The licenced floyd rose is sweet too.

They are a f*cker to play sitting down. But how can you play metal when sitting down? I play metal, my head starts to bang and then I'm jumping all over the place.

Oh and mind the long part of the V. Very easy to smack into the wall (which I did in the first 5 mins of playing).
Hey thanks for the reply Mechanixx. I thought Mustaine used only ESPs heh...

Just another question about the RR3. I saw on the net 2 versions of the Transparent Red colors:

1. transparent red at the front, and black at the sides and back:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JACKSON-RR3-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar-TRANS-RED_W0QQitemZ170067617685QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33044QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. transparent red at all sides:

The strange thing is that they are both called Transparent Red but they look different.
Can someone explain the difference?
the one on ebay may be an older model, but im not sure. It seems more of a burst colour on that one.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
those versions of the rr3 have been discontinued. im sure this applies for everywhere, but in europe the whole pro series range (RR3, KE3, DK2 etc) has been updated with new hardware due to the materials not complying with recycling laws.
I just got a RR3 and it's by far my favorite guitar I've played. My Ibanez 520 EX just sits in the case all the time (the neck on the Ibanez actually feels too thin and is uncomftorable to play for long periods of time). The only thing that is kinda crappy is the trem, it's still pretty good but I ordered a OFR for it (they drop right in).

Just play it before you buy it, I don't mind sitting with it because I've always played classical style. I'll def. be keeping it for a long time though!!

P.S. Get a case for it if you plan on taking it places, the points are very easy to chip and knock into things. I ordered a case for mine the second day I had it.

-B-
Yeah and I also heard that from this year the RR3s will be equipped with original seymour duncans and not just duncan designed.
I got my RR3 for Xmas and damn is it awesome. Pretty much all pro's, except my tone knob crackles whenever I turn it while a string is being played (Don't really do that often so it's not a big deal to me), and if I press down on it the noise cuts out. I don't know if these are serious problems, but if someone could help me out with it that would be great.

Pro's:
Seymour Duncan pickups
LFR should last quite a while for you, unless you rape it to death
It has an all-access neck joint that makes it much easier to reach the higher frets.

Con's:
Sitting down is the only real problem it seems, or at least that's all I find wrong with it. Even then, it's not really a big problem. You just have to angle it upwards a little.
Quote by haz_uk
those versions of the rr3 have been discontinued. im sure this applies for everywhere, but in europe the whole pro series range (RR3, KE3, DK2 etc) has been updated with new hardware due to the materials not complying with recycling laws.

Ye right. It's now black. Looks a lot better imo.
Quote by Kenit
The strange thing is that they are both called Transparent Red but they look different.
Can someone explain the difference?

The ebay picture is how it looks in real life, the transparent red finish only really shows at certain angles in the light. The other pic is a mock-up but that's how it looks in some lights.

Basically, it looks like the first one. I know because i just sold my trans-red RR5.
Quote by codybcool
The ebay picture is how it looks in real life, the transparent red finish only really shows at certain angles in the light. The other pic is a mock-up but that's how it looks in some lights.

Basically, it looks like the first one. I know because i just sold my trans-red RR5.

Oh, too bad... I prefer it all red... Ill have to go with the solid black or chrome black... Still have to decide.
Last edited by Kenit at Jan 11, 2007,
V's are great or playing sitting, just have to sit right (with one of the V legs inbetween you legs.

i got a JS30RR, which is pretty much the cheapest rhoads shape you can buy. i love it tho, it's a blast to play and i would have paid double what i did for it.

although i really want an RR3
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's