Ok I am planning later on to replace at some point the pick ups on my guitar. Now I own a Yamaha Pacifica 012 and i wanna know how much it would be to replace all the pick up's on this guitar thats including having some one putting them in. I know it depends on the pick up's but I was thinking perhaps some EMG's...
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
lets just say it would be cheeper to buy a better guitar it would cost around 400$ for good ones
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
ok well what about if i just changed it one at a time? doesnt have to the best pick up's just ones that would be a decent improvement from those.
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
i dunno where the hell he shops, but a set of EMG's are NOT gonna cost even close to $400.. Stewmac.com sells EMG-Selects (very nice pickups, i have some in my strat.) Single coil versions go for about $20 each, and humbuckers go for about $25 each.. So for about $75 you could throw a whole set of EMG's in.. You really dont need to have a shop install them, its really easy, you just follow a wire diagram and sod the wires in. But if your not confident in doing that, then a shop shouldent charge more than $40 - $50 to install them..
Quote by M4jorpiz
lets just say it would be cheeper to buy a better guitar it would cost around 400$ for good ones

that's insane. you could have your pups swapped out for around $150-$175 including the cost of the hardware and the cost of installation at an average shop.
Pickups dont cost $400.

I can get a whole 3-pickup set of Dimarzio's for less than half that.
oh nice than when I decide I want some improved sound from this thing ill just upgrade what I can as money becomes available. I think at some point I will wanna replace the knobs too they look a bit cheap.
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
^You know I always thought the whole nob arguement was bull shit until I changed mine (from knock-offs to genuine Fenders) and now I love the feel of 'em.

As for pickups EMGs are great, just don't go active unless you're going all active because otherwise the wiring is a nightmare.