Does anyone else hold their pick with their thumb and 2 fingers? I do, but everyone I see holds it with only their thumb and index. Are there any pros/cons?
I love this job more than I love taffy ... and I'm a man who enjoys his taffy
its a little unorthodox and i just think it'd b harder to pick but thats me... honestly whatever u feel most comfortable doin is best for u
Byaww!!
There aren't really any advantages or disadvantages to it, James Hetfield of Metallica holds his pick with his thumb, index, and middle finger and he's still an amazing guitarist. I've been playing for about seven months now and its not slowed me down at all, I've been making amazing progress. So, its not really a problem, its just all in what's more comfortable for you.
Yeah i play like that but i also hold it with my index finger some times i dont really see any pros or cons its just a way of playing
GEAR!
Schecter c-1 hellraiser
Rivera Knucklehead tre
Rocktron 4x12 vintage celestion 30's
Digitech digidelay
Degitech bad monkey
Digitech compressor/sustainer
Elixer stings 10-51
dunlop picks .60mm
I use thumb and index but do whatever suits you

EDIT: i used to play with 3 but then changed

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
I play with my thumb, index and middle, and the advantage i see is you can tap with either your index or middle finger. Like if you're playing an alternative picking line with one tap at the end of it, it feels most comfortable to use my index, because it's closer to the fretboard than the middle is. If that even makes sense.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

i alternate between my thumb index and middle and sometimes when strumming i let go of my index and just use my thumb and middle finger. Don't see any difference though, it's just preference. Do whatever feels good
Quote by Mayor West
Does anyone else hold their pick with their thumb and 2 fingers? I do, but everyone I see holds it with only their thumb and index. Are there any pros/cons?

id imagine your index finger would get in the way of some things.
Frank Zappa used two as well
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
i hold mine with my thumb, index, and middle fingers.
i also anchor my hand with my pinky for lead lines and stuff
i hear anchoring is bad for your hand, but it helps the accuracy 10 fold!
gahh, ive been trying to stop just incase its a bad thing....
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
It would work like that. I use two fingers myself but its like holding a pen really. You use three fingers to do that, so makes more sense doing it your way.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help