Does anyone feel they are better than non musicans?. I find it strange how i used to be like..see someone driving a porsche..well fk you cos i play shred, or have a fight with a girl and you are like 'my music is more important than girls'. Strange way to think.
Im cool with other peoples' hobbies. Unless they are the local skate-rats. They just annoy me.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Not really. My ego is big, but not that big. I play guitar because I enjoy it, not to measure my penis with.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by $Guitarist$
Im cool with other peoples' hobbies. Unless they are the local skate-rats. They just annoy me.

me too, damn skaters. I often feel more mature than most people my age since all they do is play video games, listen to emo, and bitch about relationships. Meanwhile I'm writing a song or studying theory.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
.....No.

I've never been that way.

The only thing I do, that's really a bad habit, is I correct people, ESPECIALLY about music. IT's awful.

Like, someone could say, "'Master of Puppets' was released in 1987", and I would just kinda pop up (not in a mean way, just stating), "No, it was 1986", but I correct people so much, it kinda gets annoying, which I understand.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
ummmmmm not that i can think of but on some occasions in my head when someone does something that I think is retarded or says something about me my thinking goes to this. "You know what fu*k you cause you think your so cool when really I'm better then you anyway." I don't really enjoy thinking like this.
What's up?
Quote by Nelsean
Not really. My ego is big, but not that big. I play guitar because I enjoy it, not to measure my penis with.

What if you enjoy rulers?
Has anyone ever harassed you for having a guitar with you?

e.g. "Hey, dude, do you play guitaaaaaaar? Ha ha ha ha!"
Of course we are. We play instruments! And if they say otherwise, we can use said instruments as weapons!

Not really, no.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
Quote by Muphin
me too, damn skaters. I often feel more mature than most people my age since all they do is play video games, listen to emo, and bitch about relationships. Meanwhile I'm writing a song or studying theory.

In the last year, I would say about 30 kids from my school started skateboarding. They claim they do it "For fun" and that its "Their Passion." But in my school, skating is just a gateway to being "cool," or in my standards, an asshat.
Quote by Zuka

does that actually happen?
What's up?
no im normal

except when my friend goes on and on about how "disturbed" is the f-ing greatest band to walk the earth

i dont care what music he listens too its just annouying when he goes on about it
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by HPLoveCraft
does that actually happen?

In grade 9 I had a friend who was learning guitar. So when we and some others would mess around in the city, people (Namely 22 year old MEN) would make fun of him for having his guitar with him. Jealousy? Or just men...?
Well if somebody's driving a porche they better have a damn good reason. Otherwise that's damn right I'm better than him /jk Luxury car are actually quite fun. Never driven a porche, but I can say first hand that some of the sportier Volvos are quite awsome.
Quote by $Guitarist$
Yep.

If someone laughed at me for playing guitar I'd probably just ask them what they do and if I like it then I'm glad the insulted so I could try out some new stuff.
What's up?
Not really, everyone has their hobbies, music is a bit more productive then some but it's not like we're all studying astrophysics and improving the human condition or something, it's only a guitar. I play guitar all the time, it's a big hobby, but I don't think of it like that.
Quote by HPLoveCraft
If someone laughed at me for playing guitar I'd probably just ask them what they do and if I like it then I'm glad the insulted so I could try out some new stuff.

Ha. Im always open to something new...except skateboarding.
I think I'm better than most guitarists because alot of them refuse to go outside of a certain genre and are close minded assholes about music. I try not to get like that, but sometimes its inevitable.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
yeah i kinda feel more mature cos most people my age dont have any life goals whereas i do, (music) and they dont care about school and they dont care where they end up. i care about school, thats why im intelligent and i get good grades. im mature, im more responsible...its funny, cos i dont know if it has to do with age or guitar. two years ago when i didnt play guitar, i was failing every class and didnt care about my future..the only thing that bothers me is all the people my age, (14), that think that when they get into relationships they instantly love the other person and think their relationship will actually go somewhere. pisses me off. or like, "oh now im your boyfriend/girlfriend so i can touch you places" or shit like that. my gosh we're 14. And people were saying stuff like that when i was 12! stupid immaturity.
i don't think so. all of my friends are musicians so we don't really put ourselves above others. (unless the others are those damned preps who listen to eurobeats. i mean like wtf is that!?)
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Zuka
In grade 9 I had a friend who was learning guitar. So when we and some others would mess around in the city, people (Namely 22 year old MEN) would make fun of him for having his guitar with him. Jealousy? Or just men...?

Your city must suck!

Anyway. No. I am just normal i guess. Nobody is really disturbed by me playing guitar, and I dont feel superior, expect for the drummers at my school. Jesus christ. Now, I respect them 100%, no matter what they did, murdered my sister, raped my mom with a schorching disease of herpes, I dont care. But they just think that guitar playing and bass playing must be the easiest thing on earth, so I do feel superior to them.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by Nelsean

Amen.
I dont even tell people I play unless they ask or they bring up guitar in a conversation directly related to me.

I can play well too actually, I teach and I may go to a music school next year to start working on a diploma.
My guitar is not more important then girls to me though, thats the kind of talk that lands you uh....No one.
And just based off the attitude you have, I bet you cant actually shred, I could be wrong.
I know shred isnt necessarily my thing, I can learn some predone pieces and licks, but I dont write it much.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Muphin

Yeah I feel like I'm more mature than the people i know my age who think it's cool to be stupid and do gay shit. No. Music is where it is at.
i'm not better than people because i play music.

i'm better because i have a better taste in music and i have a big penor.
I don't think I'm better than people 'cause I play guitar.

I do hate those people who are all like "ZOMG I'm l33t 'cause I'm gud at sokker and basskitbawl!!!"

They never go off during their shifts in gym class, either
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by Zuka

Happens ALL the time to me. Rather annoying.

I think that most non-musicians (or musicians who don't actually care about the music or instrument they play) seem less immature when I'm around them. I also have no social life due to my devotion to music. I'm a loser.