Page 1 of 2
Yesterday i went back to school after the christmas holidays.
I had really bad sleeping habits during the holidays, i often went to sleep at 4 a.m and woke up at 2 p.m.
So the night before school i wasn't surprised when i couldn't sleep, after going to bed five hours earlier than i have been for the last couple of weeks.

I ended up getting about two hours of sleep, but the weird thing was that when i woke up, i wasn't tired at all. And what scares me is that i haven't been at all since that. I figured i would be exhausted when it was time for me to go to bed this evening, but now it's 2.15 a.m and i'm wide awake.
I have slept for about two hours in the last 36 hours, and i'm not tired. I have to get up and go to school in five hours, and i doubt i will have gotten any sleep before that.

I know somebody's going to tell me to get off the computer and go to bed, but believe me, i've tried. I've lied in my bed for hours with my eyes closed, and nothing happens. I think my brain has forgotten how to go to sleep.

So, if anyone's got any tips or anything for how to go sleep, i'd appreciate it.
I know UG's probably not the best place to ask for medical advice, but should i go see a doctor about this if it gets any worse? I know it's not dangerous to lose a nights sleep, but i'd imagine being awake for days in a row isn't to good on your body.
Quote by Zuka
Drugs.

True that. I just read the thread title "I Can't Sleep" and immediately thought of drugs.

Drugs are bad
dont drink caffiene, and just try to go to sleep at like 11..or whatever time is reasonable to get more sleep.
Trust me, sleep will come

Over the summer, I was sleeping 8 hours every 100.

Trust me, sleep will catch up with you
Quote by guit4r g33k
True that. I just read the thread title "I Can't Sleep" and immediately thought of drugs.

Drugs are bad

Mmm'kay...?
The reason why you woke up not feeling tired after 2 hours of sleep, was because your body and mind were set for 2 hours of sleep because you knew you had to get up. You anticipated the whole thing so and you were probly looking forward to the next day.

As for not being able to sleep. It is because your mind is restless. All you need to do is relax. Just give a goodnight "tug" and you'll be asleep in no time.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Metal-X
Just give a goodnight "tug" and you'll be asleep in no time.

This actually works, you know. Pulling your pork, so to speak, releases chemicals which make you tired so you can fall asleep easier.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by Metal-X
The reason why you woke up not feeling tired after 2 hours of sleep, was because your body and mind were set for 2 hours of sleep because you knew you had to get up. You anticipated the whole thing so and you were probly looking forward to the next day.

As for not being able to sleep. It is because your mind is restless. All you need to do is relax. Just give a goodnight "tug" and you'll be asleep in no time.

He is right.
Looking for a new sig!
maybe your eating too much sugary stuff... i eat so much and can never sleep so i just get up n play guitar til i my eyes start to like water and then i can sleep...

..or maybe youve just got to lie in bed until you DO fall asleep and that might get you back in the habbit of sleeping at an earlier time
^^seconded...doing yourself makes you sleepy. happened for me. well anyways yeah winter vacay i pretty much had the same schedule and i only got like 2 hours of sleep the night before school was back in session. last night improved i got 5 hours hopefully tonight ill get more. just relax. think calm thoughts
Quote by Metal-X

I'm feeling really relaxed, actually, so i don't think that's the problem. It's not that i don't want to go to sleep, i just can't do it.
Usually when i've been awake for a longer period of time, i feel sleepy when i close my eyes. Right now when i close my eyes, it's as if i'm wide awake.
Don't worry man, the same happens to me after every vacation. Just give it a few days, and you'll be back to normal.
Dude, I go to sleep at like 3 am every night and still get up at 7 for school.

Not THAT hard.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Slash 602
Don't worry man, the same happens to me after every vacation. Just give it a few days, and you'll be back to normal.

Yeah, i guess.
It's just that it feels really weird to have been awake for such a long time and not even being slightly tired.

I guess i'll try to go to sleep now, and if that doesn't work, i'll try staying awake all day today.
I guess i'm bound to collapse sooner or later.

Quote by fallenangel20

Not THAT hard.

Yeah, but you actually sleep. I couldn't sleep to save my life right now..
Meh, I hardly get any sleep. It's really not that needed.

Quote by fallenangel20

Not THAT hard.

+1.
If you have that brainwave generator try that, some of them sleep presets actaully work
JAMC
well, looking at lights/sceens (like your computer) wont help at all because light sends signals to your brain to wake up. That could be why you're not tired.

Also, the reason why I think you can't get to sleep is because your thinking about sleeping and getting frustrated when you can't. Just relax.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
drink a lot of coffee!!! "oh wait, I think I'm in the wrong thread.." hahaha..

but seriously dude, just take valiums! or why not try counting sheeps!
Are you sad?
Are you holding yourself?
Are you locked in your room?

You shouldn't be…

Quote by bluesrocker101

Also, the reason why I think you can't get to sleep is because your thinking about sleeping and getting frustrated when you can't. Just relax.

Beat me to it... darn

Also try sleeping pills, or playing guitar. Usually works for me. If either of those don't work, try listening to some calming music, Nothing Else Matters by Metallica being an example.
pft. I bet at least half of the kids in high school here go to bed after 2 AM every night and wake up between 6:30 and 7 the next morning. It happens. Of course your sleeping pattern is going to be messed up after winter break. Give it a day or two. You'll be back to normal.
take alot of niquil you might hallucinate but its fun and it works
i discovered a couple nights ago... cause this thing happened to me, but you have to not think of anything and you'll go straight to sleep. the problem is that's a hell of a lot easier said than done. example:

alright time to go to sleep....now i have to clear my mind....think of nothing....im thinking about thinking of nothing.... stop thinking.....THINK OF NOTHING.....WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT THINKING OF NOTHING?!?!?!?

and so forth
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
I Like sleep leonheart...haha your brain can't "forget" how to go to sleep haha.

Are you fat?
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
very far from fat.

Well then you must be a loser...

Run a garden hose from the tail pipe of the family car, to your bedroom. That should do the trick

Seriously though, have a huge wank, and then try counting sheep,
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
how bout laying in a dark room without any computer's, t.v, any entertainment thing. jerk off and go to sleep.
F' IT
(whats the worst that could happen)
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
I'm not that either so your point is invalid.

Haha, I was joking. Hence the .
Quote by fallenangel20

Not THAT hard.

me too... but im more like 1 to 5 .... so can get three hours of homework in in the mornign before school because i procrastonated (sp?) the last week...

and i wank to fall asleep
i usually get about 2-5 hours of sleep during the week thenn i sleep all weekend
pulling off released endorphins (or whatever they called) which relaxes the body and helps bring on sleep (and you'll enjoy it - unless your weird), as well as clearing the mind (after you do it your mind usually is not as busy as before) so you fall asleep easily.
So sad no one here has mentioned or has come even remotely close to helping this kid out.

Your body has set it's natural clock accordingly to not caring what time it has to go to sleep or wake up. Since this is now a problem for you because psychologically while you are lying there trying to get to sleep, whats keeping you up is the knowledge that you have to wake up and you'll find yourself staring the alarm clock till the sun comes up and then your ****ed.

You have to get your biological clock set again. Go to a store that sells supplements whether it be herbal, natural or whatever. usually it's your local grocery store which a pharmacy, a walgreens, etc. Buy a bottle of 3mg Melatonin and take one tablet about 1 hour before bed time. I'll leave the research up to you.
Page 1 of 2