Page 1 of 2
what would you like to see on your bass, things that wouldnt really help that much, but would make it more comfotorable and easy to play.
me:
i would want two things that stick out, just above the pickgaurd on my fender jazz, so id have a good thumb rest one would be for highs and one for lows.

and i want some sort of markings on my neck so i can feel where i am when im on stage (i jump around alot hehe)
Yeah, sync them to the sound coming out so they flash in rhythm...and of course a fog machine (for those long low notes).

Seriously though, that switch from the other thread to switch from fretted to fretless is mega pimp.
I'd love a black hole generator on my bass. Take care of those pesky hecklers...
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by canadianpunk071
I'd love a black hole generator on my bass. Take care of those pesky hecklers...

haha. me too...you know that one drunk in the audience who yells, boo! YOU SUCK hahah.. haha. guys listen, haha YOU SUCK ahhaha ...ZAP ....
I want fancy fretboard markers in blue LEDs (not the ones on the actual fretboard, but the ones only you can see when playing) and a badass design on the 12th fret. I'm not very original.
Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club. PM mountaindew88 to join.
Quote by blistermetal
Van Halens d-tuner, would be nice for the bass. anyone heard of this?

Hipshot Bass X-Tender
haha
First invention: Fender 6-string. STILL WAITING, FENDER!

Ok, this will sound completely retarded, but if anyone's seen FLCL, then the Ric with the fan inside it, engine, pull-start and all. Either that, or a bass you could fight crazy monsters with. I blame FLCL and [adult swim] for this pile of an idea.

I know this doesn't make it any easier or more comfortable to play, I just thought it would be awesome.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Last edited by graybass_20x6 at Jan 10, 2007,
^that would be nice. do kaos pads work with a bass? if so, project time

although where the **** would i put it
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by kmbuchamushroom

Seriously though, that switch from the other thread to switch from fretted to fretless is mega pimp.

yeah, really.
an effects pedal on my bass
roundwounds that dont kill my fingers?

...um, a mode where i become geddy lee?
czu, you know, um, yeah.
that would be awesome.

yeah. I'm done.

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
A flame thrower, though I know it's not original. Something that responded to the frequency, so when I hit a nice high note burst of fire would shoot out and hit everyone near me. So cool.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
sweet ^^^

i agree but i'm not that picky anything that comes out the end of my bass that will inflict pain is good for me
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
a bass with 5 strings is an extremely bad invention, it is somethin thought up by wannabe lead guitarist or bassists in bands like dreamtheatre
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
a bass with 5 strings is an extremely bad invention, it is somethin thought up by wannabe lead guitarist or bassists in bands like dreamtheatre

I don't think you know what you're talking about...
i know exactly what i'm talking about. i totally disagree with any number of strings on a bass other than 4
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Neon Frets, Rotating Pickups and a Cigerette Lighter next to the Volume Knob, possibly a cup/can holder depending on room n i suppose a condom dispencer jus below the bridge wudnt b 2 bad either.

No extra comfort wot so ever, but id love it
Last edited by DeeBee at Jan 10, 2007,
Quote by graybass_20x6
First invention: Fender 6-string. STILL WAITING, FENDER!

Ok, this will sound completely retarded, but if anyone's seen FLCL, then the Ric with the fan inside it, engine, pull-start and all. Either that, or a bass you could fight crazy monsters with. I blame FLCL and [adult swim] for this pile of an idea.

I know this doesn't make it any easier or more comfortable to play, I just thought it would be awesome.

The fender bass VI came out like 40 years ago and they still make it from time to time (no I'm not talking about the baritone, I'm talking about an actual 6 string bass). If you look through fender's history, they must've made every idea at least once.
The semi-fretless neck is so damn sexy....I'd just want that
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by skater dan0
i know exactly what i'm talking about. i totally disagree with any number of strings on a bass other than 4

What's wrong with extended range? And how is it a thing invented by "wannabe lead guitarists," as you put it in your other post? Five string basses were invented because modern keyboards could go lower than the normal four-string. Plus, the fact remains that you can do much more on five- and six-stringed basses.

What about bassists like Jean Baudin or Jeff Schmidt, who need large amounts of strings to make the kind of music they make? They sure as hell don't do it just to show off. They do it because they feel they can express themselves and their art better on extended range basses.

Ignorance FTL.

Now, back on topic, there was a chambered guitar in Guitar World that had colored oils inside the chambers and a plexiglass (or some other material) over the chambers so you could see through it. I would kinda like something like that; I wonder how it sounds.

And I want LED-fretmarkers. Those things own.
Besides, there's pictures floating around of Jaco using a 5-string bass. Are you telling me that Jaco is a fake, skater dan?
Gear:
SX SJB62-5 5-String Fretless Jazz Copy (EADGC)
Ibanez GSR200 4-String Fretted (BEAD)
Ibanez IBZ10B 10 Watt Practice Combo Amp
DR Stainless Steel Lo-Riders
Yamaha Air Cell Straps
I want a device that works by me pointing my headstock out over the crowd, which picks up the ladies that are digging my shit. it will then send a small vibration to a bluetooth enabled device in my pocket giving details so i can go chat after the show.

unfortunately my girlfriend would never let me use that bass. i miss being single.
I want a device that works by me pointing my headstock out over the crowd, which picks up the ladies that are digging my shit. it will then send a small vibration to a bluetooth enabled device in my pocket giving details so i can go chat after the show.

unfortunately my girlfriend would never let me use that bass. i miss being single.

Some dudes in the 80's used to put lasers on their headstocks and point out to chicks in the audience, then the roadies would go and take them backstage.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Some dudes in the 80's used to put lasers on their headstocks and point out to chicks in the audience, then the roadies would go and take them backstage.

haha! i am loving that ! (looks on ebay for lasers)

Quote by musiclover2399
^ no way. Well then again it was th 80's. It would suck pretty hard if they missed though.

ha ha...can you imagine going backstage and some big hells angels dude there waiting for you!!
Quote by musiclover2399
^ no way. Well then again it was th 80's. It would suck pretty hard if they missed though.

"No! No, not the fattie! I meant to beam the blonde beside her! Nooooo!!!"

On topic, the number of strings an instrument has is irrelevant. It's the musician that counts.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Quote by canadianpunk071
"No! No, not the fattie! I meant to beam the blonde beside her! Nooooo!!!"

On topic, the number of strings an instrument has is irrelevant. It's the musician that counts.

Dude, fat chicks are a huge target. You'd be able to tell.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Dude, fat chicks are a huge target. You'd be able to tell.

thats his excuse..

canadianpunk071: hey man, i was pointing at the cute blondie, not this fat rugby player chick.
roadie: dude,sorry, i'll go get her...
canadianpunk071: forget it......she's here now....
Quote by Applehead
thats his excuse..

canadianpunk071: hey man, i was pointing at the cute blondie, not this fat rugby player chick.
roadie: dude,sorry, i'll go get her...
canadianpunk071: forget it......she's here now....

Followed shortly thereafter by "ow, ow, ow, OW OW OW OHHHH MY POOR PELVIS"
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

I want a homing laser on my headstock so when I point I just click a button and it locks onto the target and gives the rodies the postion of the target.
Bass is my life.
A switch to make the fingerboard go from fretted to fretless. The frets would just raise and lower into the neck--how cool would that be??

A bass that has its own kickstand--so you don't need to bring a stand to the gig.

A bass that folds up after the gig, so that you can put into those itty bitty overhead compartments allocated on airlines.

A bass that has interchangeable pickups, kind of like legos--you snap them in, and you get a different sound. Plus, they swivel and can slide in position, so you can change the timbre of the note just by moving the pickup around in real-time. OOH! A LEGO (TM) bass body!!!

A Line 6 Variax bass circuit that you can install onto ANY bass--that would be awesome. Make your fave bass sound like a number of other basses AND still have the original sounds.

A bass knob switch which, when pulled out, acts like a photodiode--so that you can wave your hand over it and change the volume or tone by adjusting how much shadow hits the photodiode.

When I win the Lotto, I will build these things someday...
Jaco de Lucia.

The Zen of Duh: How low can you go? Zero Hertz. That's the lowest anyone can go. Just turn off your bass amp and not play.

Q-tuner PUs (0X0 configuration) and HG Thor Labs for the best fretless bass tone. MWAH FACTOR!!!
Quote by jaco de lucia
A switch to make the fingerboard go from fretted to fretless. The frets would just raise and lower into the neck--how cool would that be??

A bass that has its own kickstand--so you don't need to bring a stand to the gig.

A bass that folds up after the gig, so that you can put into those itty bitty overhead compartments allocated on airlines.

A bass that has interchangeable pickups, kind of like legos--you snap them in, and you get a different sound. Plus, they swivel and can slide in position, so you can change the timbre of the note just by moving the pickup around in real-time. OOH! A LEGO (TM) bass body!!!

A Line 6 Variax bass circuit that you can install onto ANY bass--that would be awesome. Make your fave bass sound like a number of other basses AND still have the original sounds.

A bass knob switch which, when pulled out, acts like a photodiode--so that you can wave your hand over it and change the volume or tone by adjusting how much shadow hits the photodiode.

When I win the Lotto, I will build these things someday...

Most of those things have been built, and if you found someone very dedicated you could assemble together a bass like that. It could do everything but fold up.
haha
Someone posted something like it a while ago for guitar... it was digital tuner where you could just press what tuning you wanted to use and it would automatically tune/detune your guitar. Could be very handy for live shows.
Page 1 of 2