I want to be able to plug directly into my amp to get it's beautiful clean tone, but also to be able to plug into my PODxt to get distortions. The bypass on the PODxt is not sufficient, as it still colors my tone in ways I don't want it to. The effects loop will not work because I want my distortions to first go to my POD and then into my amps clean channel.

If this description doesn't make sense, I have attached a diagram of the device that might explain it better. I just need to know if there's a device that can do this job, and what it is called.
Attachments:
guitar device.JPG
A/B switch maybe? But if i recall correctly, those are a bit expensive.

Nice diagram, BTW.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
how about just plug ur guitar into ur amp ?
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Look for a true bypass looper. Keeley sells one: http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=23

What you do is plug the input and output into the in and out of the looper, and then you can bypass it.

EDIT: just like your picture
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
boss makes an effects loop in a pedal and that looks like what you want its like 80 bucks on musiciansfriend.com
My Gear:
Shecter C-1+
Hohener Acoustic
Sound Gear sg305dx Bass
Homemade 2x12 Cabinet loaded with Eminence
Texas Heat Speakers
Epi Valve Junior Head
and as soon as it ships
from Musiciansfriend a EH Metal Muff
if you aren't getting clean crisp sound, it's probably just because you're using something to make ur guitar sound distorted... Not because you're losing quality.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
is that a MG?
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1