Page 1 of 2
What should you do if you lose a guitar face-off or a battle of the bands contest?
What's up?
Be a total dick about it and pretend the light was in your eyes or the other guy cheated. Yell about it and whine constantly. Give as many people the finger as you can.

Actually do the opposite of above and you should be ok.
Do a bit of overacted failed bends until finally dropping to the floor. Slowly look up at your opponent, drop your guitar and walk out (giving Willie his soul back).

Crossroads!
Boo about it and even though you lost the crowd will whine with you because you are all 8 year old guitarist who... wait... oh...
Blasphemy! Don't be foolish, that could never happen.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Excuses.

This isn't the gauge string I play.
This pick sucks.
This guitar sucks.
My fingers are jammed.
I had a boner.
My grandma just died.
There were too many distractions.
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
go buy some weights and get buff, then you will be able to show off to the ladies who liked him. eventually, he will be the king of people who dont like you and then you may reign supreme. especially in guitar. you know what im saying?
Quote by Thegeetarnoob
Do a bit of overacted failed bends until finally dropping to the floor. Slowly look up at your opponent, drop your guitar and walk out (giving Willie his soul back).

Crossroads!

w00t Crossroads FTW!
Commit some sort of honorable ritual suicide in which your guitar pierces your mortal heart, turning you into some sort of vampire/demon/werewolf/ted nugent and then rechallenge!
I wouldn't lose.

Seriously though, I think guitar battles are pointless and slightly pathetic.

Quote by Twist of fate
Build a lazor

Wow, that's probably the worst spelling of LASER I've ever seen. Laser is an acronym, you can't spell it however you like.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Jan 9, 2007,
who cares? its not about winning or losing. its about doing your best.

actually the real thing you should do is kill yourself. its the only way.

jkjk about that too. the first solution i gave is the best really.
Quote by Smokey Amp
I wouldn't lose.

Seriously though, I think guitar battles are pointless and slightly pathetic.

Wow, that's probably the worst spelling of LASER I've ever seen. Laser is an acronym, you can't spell it however you like.

Oohh my bad then...
get the crowd to start chanting your name, then come out and do an encore even though you lost.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
get the crowd to start chanting your name, then come out and do an encore even though you lost.

Why would the crowd chant your name if you lost?

Be the typical stereotypical (notice I said steroeotypical, no guitarists take offense) lead guitarist and say "screw that I'm better than this small time sh*t" then drop your guitar and stalk angrily off-stage, or pull some dumb bullsh8t like that.
Didnt dimebag enter guitar offs and he always won so they banned him and made him a judge coz he has got some much pwn4ge in guitar skills?
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Smokey Amp
Why would the crowd chant your name if you lost?

i was trying to make a "School of Rock" joke...
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
congratulate the person who beat you, and practice harder for the next one so you can kick ass.
Quote by Shredlet
Didnt dimebag enter guitar offs and he always won so they banned him and made him a judge coz he has got some much pwn4ge in guitar skills?

Correct you are
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by walker-rose
i was trying to make a "School of Rock" joke...

Oh, yeah, I see...

Well, it doesn't really work, because guitar battles are decided by the audience. The School of Rock battle was decided by the guys in charge.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Oh, yeah, I see...

Well, it doesn't really work, because guitar battles are decided by the audience. The School of Rock battle was decided by the guys in charge.

yeah i guess you right, o well i tried and thats all the matters...

Hhhhhmmmm maybe thats a good attitude to have if you lose a guitar battle
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
Quote by maroon5mustdie
Excuses.

This isn't the gauge string I play.
This pick sucks.
This guitar sucks.
My fingers are jammed.
I had a boner.
My grandma just died.
There were too many distractions.
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.

the gauge one is the best, since most guitar noobs dont know what gauges are and theyll probly be like, yeah man those gauge strings arent like for his type of playing :P

and then u get another chance but youll have to use different gauge strings
Shake the winner's hand, and congratulate him. Maybe say some nice things about his guitar. Tell him you like his song. Wish him a good night. Head on.

Or throw feces at him.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Join a band with a drummer and a bass player and learn to play together. Play songs that chicks dig, and life will be good. After your gigs you will be surounded by chicks, the other guy will likely play with himself in his bedroom and enter every 'Guitar Wars' contest that comes along. After his gigs he will be surounded by Guys who want to ask him questions about his gear.
Quote by HPLoveCraft
What should you do if you lose a guitar face-off or a battle of the bands contest?

turn your amp of, unplug your guitar and shake hands with the winner
i think you need to watch the steve vai vs. karate kid video
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
Page 1 of 2