I'm thinking of buying another guitar, but i can't seem to decide between a PRS SE Custom and a Les Paul Studio. I usually play classic rock and grunge, but i like to be versatile so ill play anything from vintage 60s to more modern and heavier bits. so which is better and why
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21
are there any marshall tube amps?

Quote by myMesa8mybrain
Gibson Faded Flying V was sex in guitar form.

Quote by boredretard
i once went to a shop and bought a squier
ive played both gibson les pauls and the prs se custom and really didnt like either. the prs felt too light, didnt like the neck because it was painted and felt sticky, but did like the body shape. the prs was more comfortable to play than the gibson, which was the only advantage i noticed since i didnt plug it in. i think the pickups on the gibson are better tho. i love the les paul look but dont find them comfortable to play.

still, i think the gibson is better quality. it does cost more tho doesnt it? i think they go for 1k now and the prs for abour 5-600. i thnk you can get a better guitar for 1k but you might like those guitars more than i did.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I have a PRS SE Custom II, and I suggest you go for it! Even though it's the lowest-end guitar of the PRS line, it's a pretty damn cool guitar, although the tremolo sucks.
go with the Gibson, the prs don't have the balls the Gibson does. I have a studio and it wails and spits dirt when needed to. Especially for classic rock and grunge. Believe me bro.
The Gibson is good for rock. The pickups sound muddy and not very well played clean, but it really comes alive with overdrive.

The PRS doesn't have the balls the gibson does, but it still sounds awesome. It's a good guitar for lead work, as with almost any PRS. It sounds a bit brighter and clearer. It works clean, but sounds best with high gain.
coincidentally i have both guitars. The studio is a better instrument, better built, nicer finish, sounds better, but the PRS has its own charm. It has alot thicker sound than the gibson and an overall more bassy response. The gibson has a strong sound though, alot smoother to play, better hardware. If u can get the gibson go with it
I know my Studio is far superior to any PRS SE I've had the chance to play. It plays better, and sounds better too. Theoretically speaking, the Gibson, being made in the USA and "handmade" (yeah right) should be a far superior instrument to any machine-made import. However, due to the spotty performance on Gibson's part, that definately varies from guitar to guitar.

But these are both totally different guitars. A Singlecut may slightly look like a Les Paul, but that's where it ends. They're both totally different monsters. IMO, you should just try both our and see what feels and sounds best to you.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
thnx for the suggestions...its seems most of you are leaning towards the les paul...ok so i think i might shoot for the studio but ill try both of them once more before makin the final decision. feel free tro post more comments to sway my decision as im not 100% sure yet.
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21
are there any marshall tube amps?

Quote by myMesa8mybrain
Gibson Faded Flying V was sex in guitar form.

Quote by boredretard
i once went to a shop and bought a squier