I read on a previous thread that there are two companies that make the Dimebucker. It said that Dime didn't even use the Duncan. What would this company be. Im trying to put a dimebucker in a squier strat that i got free.
ive heard dimebucker blows

Seymour Duncan makes the dinebucker
the pups Dime used were Bill Lawrence Xl-500 (i think?)
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by TinTin8
ive heard dimebucker blows

Its like people saying bad things about MG's (no im not saying the MG is good) on here... its a trend people tend to follow half of the time.

Now it depends how you use the gear to be honest if its gonna sound good for you, i own a dimebucker and it works with my setup and i dont have any problems with it at all... Also my tone doesnt suck either...

But anyway, theres the Dimebucker and the Bill Lawrence Xl-500

Also Dime did use the dimebucker, but i only think he used it in damageplan.
People think that you need a Dean Razorback and Dimebuckers, when Dime didnt even use half of the "Dimebag signatures", and I believe didnt use the Dimebuckers.
Quote by Collibus
the fact that zakk uses JCM 800's... and ive seen videos and also photos of dime using the dimebucker...

that enough proof?
I know about Zakk.
Sure that "dimebucker" wasn't one of these?
yeah, Zakk just endorses the MGs. i was thinking about getting one at one time, but they are the shit. good practice amp, but not stage material.
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
Quote by MastaBassist10
I know about Zakk.
Sure that "dimebucker" wasn't one of these?

dude in the pic he showd us it said seymour duncan on the pup..
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
The Bill Lawrence was the original, pickup he used like in "Coyboys From Hell" and the Seymore Duncan Version was used in his later albums, along with the Razorback.
Quote by Guitargod12345
The Bill Lawrence was the original, pickup he used like in "Coyboys From Hell" and the Seymore Duncan Version was used in his later albums, along with the Razorback.

correct, and thats why theres a Bill Lawrence in the DFH, which is a replica of the cowboys from hell cover guitar, and Seymour Duncans in the Razorbacks and other Dime
Deans.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by MastaBassist10
Oh look...

Zakk with an MG *shock*

Haha look at the bottom right corner of the picture. Zakk likes his carrots and broccoli.
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack
Quote by Collibus
Its like people saying bad things about MG's (no im not saying the MG is good) on here... its a trend people tend to follow half of the time.

Now it depends how you use the gear to be honest if its gonna sound good for you, i own a dimebucker and it works with my setup and i dont have any problems with it at all... Also my tone doesnt suck either...

But anyway, theres the Dimebucker and the Bill Lawrence Xl-500

Also Dime did use the dimebucker, but i only think he used it in damageplan.

well i was just saying what ive heard heh
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by Salzary
Haha look at the bottom right corner of the picture. Zakk likes his carrots and broccoli.
Broccoli and beer ftw!

In any case, though, the Dimebucker was based off the BL L-500XL. I have the L-500XL, and though I can't compare it to a Dimebucker, it kicks ass; and seeing how the Bill Lawrence is $50 and the Dimebucker is $90, and that most people think the Dimebucker sucks and the BL doesn't, I would get the BL
There are two companies that make the L500XL. They are Bill Lawrence and Bill Lawrence USA. Dime used the Bill Lawrence L500XL through most of his career. If you want authentic Dime tone, you'd get that. It really is a great pickup.

The Dimebucker is made by a different company, Seymour Duncan. I've tried the Dimebucker, and I honestly didn't like it. This isn't bandwagon jumping, it just seriously isn't that great of a pickup. It sounded very muddy to me.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.