On Christmas day, I came down stairs, knowing all I asked from my parents was a guitar case for my Washburn Lyon that I haul back and forth to college.

Well, the first present I opened was a Fender Hoodie, I thought it was pretty kick ass, and after several more fender orientated presents (hat, shirt, picks) my dad hands me this bigger box. I open it up and see that it is a nice case. I was pumped for it, I started to check it out, and was happy. He then hands me another box, in it was a gig bag, I open the gig bag to see a 60th Anniversary Fender Stratocaster.

My jaw dropped as I clinged onto it. I ran upstairs and plugged into my amp, and haven't really stopped playing it since. This is the first time I actually took pictures of it.

Why did I make a new thread? Because I'm so pumped for it.

The Case

The Whole Thing

The Head

The Logo on the back.

The 60th Anniversary Sticker
-Roy

My Gear
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
Some cruddy classical that my parents bought off ebay for like 40 bucks.
Lucky bastard...

:p

That's one sweet guitar. I've played a couple 60ths and they kick the standard strats ass for only a tiny bit more money. In some ways it's a shame that they're limited production (I won't be able to nab one, not that I mind too much) because they're such and awesome value.
Curious, hows the buzzing on that? I got the same guitar for christmas (sunburst. I like white better, though.). I got it sheilded and it still buzzes a bit. granted, im next to a computer and a tv. (I know all strats buzz though).

Im loving my strat to. Can get all my blues tones out of it!
Last edited by jon333 at Jan 9, 2007,
wow thats a really nice guitar man, you've done really well. I also got a strat for Christmas i got a mexican standard fat strat and few other things
nice guitar. i was lookin at the 60th annivs for a while. they are solid guitars. great gifts i must say. i could use a hoodie haha
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Yea the hoodie, Hat, shirt, picks and keychain are pretty cool.

As for the buzzing, what kind are you talking about? From the amp?
-Roy

My Gear
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
That's the cheaper ones, which still kick plenty of booty. The sunburst one's are the more expensive ones, like my tele is that kicks plenty of booty.
Booty.
I know it's not the American 60th Anniversary Strat, I am still pumped that it's the Standard.
-Roy

My Gear
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
Congrats on a real nice guitar. Fenders kick arse, bums, tail, butt, and ass.
Very nice, I love the neck colour.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30