well i've been looking and think that the carvin sx300 is awesome. i don't have a place near me that has that model and was wondering if ne one has experience with carvin. good quality? good shiipping? Thanks in advance for ur input.
I love ym carvin mts combo..great tone right out of the box..the sx is a solid state right? ive actually heard that many ppl say its one of the best SS amps on the market right now, price is amazing too..id say go for it...they have that return gurentee too..
Well, I will be the owner of a Carvin MTS head tommorow From what I hear they have some of the most reliable, best sounding stuff out there. I'd say go for it as well.
carvin makes some really good stuff for a reasonable price. i went to the store in hollywood a while back and played the ct6ms. wow, they were amazing. i didnt try out the amps but i want to go back to the store soon and try out more stuff.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
What are you looking for in an amp? What are you willing to spend?

I've heard Carvin makes a great company...and my amp tech says they're solid amps. The guy I got mine from just didn't take care of it, I guess.

I was thinking about getting the Nomad before I ended up with my X100B. I loved the Vintage sound/look of it. There's a special place in my heart for tweed amps, though.

If you're a metal head though, I'm not the guy to go to. Unlike 99% of this board, I can't stand metal.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Quote by andrew7667

If you're a metal head though, I'm not the guy to go to. Unlike 99% of this board, I can't stand metal.

I believe tool is technically metal, and isn't that your avatar?
Quote by theBONErocks
well i've been looking and think that the carvin sx300 is awesome. i don't have a place near me that has that model and was wondering if ne one has experience with carvin. good quality? good shiipping? Thanks in advance for ur input.

I've heard mixed reviews on the SX amps. They do have a 10 day (or something in that area) return policy.
Quote by Job 4 a Cowboy
I myself was thinking of getting a V3 head, because mesas are out of my price range

how do those sound?

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Carvin/V3+Head/10/1 that page is loaded with mostly in depth reviews of the amp. I've found harmony central to be an excellent site for checking out gear. You never know quite how something really sounds until you get it, but the reviews help give you an idea of what you can do with it.

I was also looking at getting a V3, but ended up deciding I couldn't afford it (college ain't super cheap) but everything I'd read about it had me sold on it.
Quote by Job 4 a Cowboy
I myself was thinking of getting a V3 head, because mesas are out of my price range

how do those sound?

I own one and all I can tell you is..... that it is one of the best sounding amps I have come across. Great for all genres as it has a great clean channel and two good gain channels (They are the exact same). I don't think there is anyway I would sell mine.

Some precautions:

1. Most of the samples on the net are pretty crappy compared to the real life sound of the amp (Samples tend to be buzzy)

2. Don't get this amp and expect not to mess with the dials much, there are a tone of features on this and you have to play with them a bit to get that sound you want.

Remember there is a trial period on all their gear.
Quote by Job 4 a Cowboy
I believe tool is technically metal, and isn't that your avatar?

If you think tool is metal, you're sadly mistaken.

That's totally OT though.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Quote by andrew7667
If you think tool is metal, you're sadly mistaken.

That's totally OT though.

he said "technically"...and when you import their cds into itunes..it comes up as metal as a genre...but really they are quite far from metal. concert at the end of january
I have them listed as rock, alternative, other, prog, and industrial (wtf?). Only Prison Sex comes up as Metal.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's