Let me start this by saying it's one of my first attempts at writing a song alone. I've played as a blues lead guitarist for a few years, never really venturing out of solos. I want to expand as a musician and start writing some music. I've written the chords behind this song, and it's kind of a slower, soft rock sort of thing, with a hint of reggae. It's sort of about how I was afraid to leave my house as a child. It's still a few verses short, but here's what I have so far:

Verse:
I set myself on fire
Just to see the flames
My parents called the doctor
But they didn't know what to say

So they locked me in here
With no one but my thoughts
It nearly drove me insane
And I almost jumped off

But after I'd been broken
I layed accross the floor
And last living half of me said
Is there any more?

Chorus:
Well I'm proud to say I found it
They key was in the door
I broke it off inside the lock
So it won't shut anymore
Not cute in the sense of "The song is cute", but cute in the sense of the ideology.
I set myself on fire
Just to see the flames
My parents called the doctor
But they didn't know what to say

I really don't like how you ended this verse, it feels kind of weak to what you started with, try changing it up.

So they locked me in here
With no one but my thoughts
It nearly drove me insane
And I almost jumped off

2nd line, should possibly be 'With no one, only my thoughts'. 3rd line, 'It drove me nearly insane', sounds more correct, up to you. Last line just doesn't go with the rest, haven't described yet what you've jumped off. Makes no sense really.

Well I'm proud to say I found it
They key was in the door
I broke it off inside the lock
So it won't shut anymore

Don't like this chorus, its very good until you end it. Breaking a key off inside a lock will allow you to shut the door, just unable to lock it. I see the analogy you are trying to put it to, but the analogy has to be a correct one in the sense of the definition. Maybe you just tried to force the last sentence, I don't know. So I would change it, overall it was alright. Just some more thought process needs to be put into what you're trying to write. Thats all.