Quote by unfathomable_bo
Melechech are just incredible though

Seconded. I don't think I've ever heard them mentioned here though.
they get mentioned like once a month, but no doubt eventually they'll be one of those bands that people are going to keep making threads one, and then they'll be people like me "i remember years ago i always mentioned them and no one cared, now everyone loves them"
My sig is better than yours
I was under the impression M.O.M was a live cd with "rare" demos and not a compilation? -----and 3rd storm from cythurul is wayyy better than Tara.
Melechesh are actually banned from performing here...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
Melechesh are actually banned from performing here...

Eh? Israel? please elaborate.
Well, firstly, I trust you read Melechesh's small biography on their myspace (fun fact: Melechesh in hebrew means "Fire King").

Anyway, Israel doesn't have a state-religion seperation agreement, so the law here is partly religious. Because of that, when it was found out that such a thing like black metal exists in one of the holiest cities in the world, a lot of people got pretty pissed off (besides the fact that there are obivously alot of extremely religious people living in jerusalem, and judism not being so open-minded about paganism).
Their first recording (As Jerusalem Burns) was (and still is) considered an outrage in Israel, and the lyrics were banned from being printed here, or written in any way possible in Israel(the lyrics really are pretty hard to find, even with the internet).
After some legal crap, it was decided that they are banned from performing here. Ashmedi decided to take Melechesh oversea, and the rest is history.

They did do a perfmormance here however, about 3-5 years ago. I dont know if the ban is out-dated or if they got a one-off deal, though.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
I only ever got into Absu (and anything related) once, and that's when I got Tara years ago. I still have it, and like every other landmark album/band, I will not bother venturing any further.
Shadilay.
Last edited by morbid_death at Jan 11, 2007,
^3rd storm. venture more.

Quote by dead-fish

..........Anyway, Israel doesn't have a state-religion seperation agreement, so the law here is partly religious. Because of that, when it was found out that such a thing like black metal exists in one of the holiest cities in the world, a lot of people got pretty pissed off (besides the fact that there are obivously alot of extremely religious people living in jerusalem, and judism not being so open-minded about paganism).They did do a perfmormance here however, about 3-5 years ago. I dont know if the ban is out-dated or if they got a one-off deal, though.......

Are other blackmetal bands in israel allowed to perform at will or is it a super underground scene over there?
Last edited by eternalgorias at Jan 11, 2007,
Other black metal bands don't get too much problems, probably because the initial (not sure if that's the word for it) shock of a black metal in jerusalem is over(since then, at least 3 more formed).

And I wouldn't say the black metal scene here is anymore underground than the USA or any other western country.
Quote by eternalgorias
^3rd storm. venture more.

Sounds good...but I'm about 5 years over Absu .
Shadilay.
What would you guys recommend for a first Melechesh album? I've heard of these guys before and really liked them, but I never really followed through with getting any of their stuff.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Snyper
they get mentioned like once a month, but no doubt eventually they'll be one of those bands that people are going to keep making threads one, and then they'll be people like me "i remember years ago i always mentioned them and no one cared, now everyone loves them"

then there are people like me that listen to bands but never make threads
Quote by BlkGuitarRedCar
I am glad to see that you hate everyone and not just Christians.