Poll Options
View poll results: Family Guy or South Park
Family Guy
140 46%
South Park
167 54%
Voters: 307.
Page 1 of 3
I was reading a thread about South Park and I started wondering what the majority thinks. If Family Guy and South Park were on at the same time, which of the two would you pick, and why? Personally for me it would be Family Guy, but I do love em both.
did you see my post in the south park thread?

yeah family guy is wAAAAAAAAAY better than south park
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
South Park. It's much more witty and satirical.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Personally, I think Family guy gets way too much of its humor from making fun of other shows, I know South Park probably does the same thing but at least i don't ever notice it
UG's 94th 300 Spartan!!

My Gear:
Hamer Vector
Ltd Viper 50
Line 6 Spider 2 212

Quote by Dirge Humani
I can make my penis hard if I think a lot.

Quote by Hope Sowders
Me: Have you ever used a Ouija board?
Her: Like the things you play on in the ocean? Those boards? Yeah
both of them were much better back in the day. Family guy seems like its just trying to push things to the limit, and its not as funny anymore.
Quote by bretws
Im a diesel truck
The creators and writers of Family Guy wouldn't know humor if it walked up and handed them a business card. South Park really isn't much better, but still better.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
south park.

all family guy is. " it's just like that time i 'insert something retarded here' cut to stupid clip of somethine completely unrelated and as equally unfunny"
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
I think South Park is better. It's got a lot more intellectual humor to it (You have to have a BRAIN to get it). Recently I've noticed Family Guy go from witty to pretty much Peter farting and getting big laughs, while Lois gets more and more sexual with her comments. I only really watch the show anymore for Brian and Stewie, and the always hilarious "clips" they give.

South Park > Family Guy
Quote by AngelGC
all family guy is. " it's just like that time i 'insert something retarded here' cut to stupid clip of somethine completely unrelated and as equally unfunny"

Spoken like an avid South Park fan, as that was almost an exact quote of what was said on the episode where they abuse Family Guy.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Spoken like an avid South Park fan, as that was almost an exact quote of what was said on the episode where they abuse Family Guy.

are you serious? i remember watching that one. but i really have no clue what they said. thats pretty baller.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
Quote by Smokey Amp

I lost it when Cartman + Kyle had their Final Showdown II.
Southpark, I think Family Guy is overrated. I enjoy the older episodes and Stewie and Bryan are funny but the rest is just "potty humor".
Quote by AngelGC
south park.

QFT.

I agree 100% with that xD.

South Park > Family Guy.
Quote by AngelGC
south park.

...thats the point....its a gag show

seriously if i wanted to watch intellectual humor i would watch british comedy not stupid south park
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
South park > family guy.
A manatee can write for family guy as south park pointed out. And south park is more intellectual as family guy is more stupid. And family guy pretty much just coped the simpsons characters.
Quote by Zuka
I lost it when Cartman + Kyle had their Final Showdown II.

Seriously, that was in the balls. Dude, that was in the balls"

Quote by myself101

seriously if i wanted to watch intellectual humor i would watch british comedy not stupid south park

i read this in a science book.

gag shows = gay shows.

it's science
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
Quote by AngelGC
i read this in a science book.

gag shows = gay shows.

it's science

you put a bad name on south park fans....
<//////>~
South Park for the win, I love Family Guy but without a doubt I would watch South Park.
Also I think south park is more witty and is just geniius at making fun of others and themselves.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I like when Bart Simpson goes on the family guy one of South Park and trys to tell Cartman how badass he is.
What's up?
I like how all the southpark fans hate family guy because it's humor isnt intelligent enough for them
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Family Guy because South Park isn't funny. =\
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
South Park > Family Guy.
A few months ago and I would've said differently, but now, FG's just making jokes that "push the envelope". It's just not funny anymore. When South Park does that, at least they make it funny.
To be perfectly honest i'd be content watching either of them.

I first started watching family guy like a year ago but recently started watching south park and I love them both.

All though family guy is beggining to get repetetive....
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
Those threads tend to be repetive and annoying....

South Park > Family Guy no doubt.
I love Family guy but South park is number one.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
South Park, It's never let me down or changed (except with the tweaks of better graphical animation but it's hardly noticeable compared to their 'signature' animation)

Family Guy has been having a lot of 'time wasting' lately with the Fighting Chicken and Barbershop Quartet....
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by myself101

Stupid south park ? Many of their jokes are quite profound. the typical rant from inhabitants of commonwealth where they dismiss America and Americanism as stupid/stupidity only shows the people merely reflecting on themselves.

If anything , I've found a lot of british humor simplistic . I should know , considering I'm living in the U.K.

for the benefit of the doubt , I'll allow you to provide links for what you perceive as tasteful humor.

currently , Family guy is weaker to south park . I do not wish to create such comparisons , though . The writers deserve to go down their own paths without you mofos creating this thread.
Family Guy prides itself on being random, but it's so random that it's predictable.

So, South Park any day.
Can't stop the signal.
Family Guy is pushing the envelope, but its staying funny still. And it does it without alienating a lot of the viewing audience or swearing loads. And im not anti-swearing,, just anti- trying to gain recognition thru it.
Member of the 'We Hate PETA' club. PM robbie to join.

The Adventures Of Cigaro

Today, Cigaro didn't take his pills, and the purple-headed monster is telling him to get off the Internet.
anyone seen the south park episode about family guy? it's actually a 2 parter but the jist of it is that family guy is written by manatees who pik completely random scenarios,a nd the wirters try to make a joke out of it. i love both of them, but if you watch one episode of family guy with that in mind you'll quite see it's very possible The first few seasons of family guy were pretty dire, but so was the first season of south park, they do seem to have got their act together though, with some decent subtle jokes that aren't just

'remember that one time i had tea with john denver, wearing a salmon helmet?'
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
South Park.

The way I see it, South Park has a funny, witty, satirical and moral message at the end of pretty much every show. All Family guy has is 5 minute long battles with a giant Chicken.
Page 1 of 3