Very different from "Anal Suffocation" I'll tell you that.

In contrast to that song, there are no vocals, it is much more melodic, and there are no ogres.

Let me know what you think!

"Ascent of the Astronomer"

P.S.
The mix has sounded different on every CPU I've listened to it on. Sometimes the drums are drowning out the guitar, sometimes it's perfect. Let me know if there are any issues.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Well, the problem with the mix appears to be panning. I hear the guitar in the left and the drums in the right.

Melodies are cool, intro was cool - drums are way too damn busy doing double bass to enjoy any of it though.
loved the intro, but yes there was too much drummage going on after that

what did you use to make the intro?
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
Yeah, I just realized that I uploaded an older mix instead of the new one I'm working on. I'll get another one up once I'm able to. The annoying thing is that the speakers I have on my PC are pretty crappy and tend to decieve me with levels and panning.

I used Fruity Loops to do the intro and all the drums. That's usually what i use with my music.

Melodies are cool, intro was cool - drums are way too damn busy doing double bass to enjoy any of it though.

Do you mean that the drums were too prominent in the mix, or that the actual beat had too much double bass?
Thorns Of Creation
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
yes, fecking awesome but too much double bass. its like getting kicked in the nads with a nad kicking machine going 200000 RPM. the coolest thing you could do is to just add some variance instead of the little fills between nut pummelings. but otherwise great work!
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
Quote by Metal Disciple
Do you mean that the drums were too prominent in the mix, or that the actual beat had too much double bass?

Actual beat had too much double bass. And that's quite a subjective thing and perhaps that's more to your genre. But, I would think it would sound better with more of a Danney Carey approach. Mix it up a little with percussion so you get a tighter feel during the verses and open it up more with the intensity in the choruses and such.

I'm not sure what sequencer you're using, but a trick I used to do was highliting notes at random, or in a particular pattern, and transpose them up or down - pushing them towards the hi-hat and ride area conjures up some wicked sounding fills. If you were to simply highlite all that double bass, still leaving enough for a good beat, and transpose the notes to closed and open hihats, bell and cymbal rides - stay away from cowbell - that would sound kick ass.

Just my opinion, but I like it best at 2:10...I like the feel there. That could be monstrous part if the parts before it weren't so bass and fill heavy. Notice how there aren't really any rests in the beat, nor fills - every single 1/64th is spent on a hit. That's not how real drummers play. And it's not nearly as interesting. Again, that's just my opinion. I know a lot of death metal has bass like that, so if that's what you're going for, don't listen to me, you nailed it.

Oh, and it's still kick ass. I just played it over my stereo and I like your ear for melody and the guitar sounds great.
Right on, thanks for all the constructive criticism you guys.
I'm in the process of messing with the drums a bit more. It really gets on my nerves if I can't get them just right. As I said before, I'll definately upload a new version for you to check out.

^
If you like the feel of the melodies but a bit more variation in the drums, you should check out "Through the Winter Skies" on the page in my signature. It's not complete, but it's still got a decent bit of substance.

Made Of Metal, about your username...Dream Evil? If so,
Thorns Of Creation
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer