Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
I dont respect rap but i dont "Diss" it (pun intended) i hate limp bizcut and eminem. I luv RATM only coz they have a good guitarist and they dont sing about how they'll blast you and shit and their lyrics have meaning unlike eminem who sings about killing himself all the time just ****ing do it!! "YEAH THE ONE MAN ON THE PLANET WHO'LL DRIVE OFF THE GRAND CANYON" no your not i believe many people do it in fact a motorbiker has jumped the grand canyon dumbass!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
They used the F word a whole lot, but that was pretty cool.

Sure is better than the "rap" you hear on MTV these days. It doesn't quite want me to go back to rap, but I respect it more now.

I guess its a bit like blues, cept' expressed in another way. Or I might be out of my mind.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
That wasn't even that great of a freestyle. Rap is amazing though. Sure there's disposable radio rap, but there's also a deep range of different styles out there that is tight music with standing power. A lot of rappers also speak about issues most other genres don' t cover.
Quote by Shredlet
I dont respect rap but i dont "Diss" it (pun intended) i hate limp bizcut and eminem. I luv RATM only coz they have a good guitarist and they dont sing about how they'll blast you and shit and their lyrics have meaning unlike eminem who sings about killing himself all the time just ****ing do it!! "YEAH THE ONE MAN ON THE PLANET WHO'LL DRIVE OFF THE GRAND CANYON" no your not i believe many people do it in fact a motorbiker has jumped the grand canyon dumbass!

some of my friends are really into rap and they hate those bands too,
Do they hate RATM
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
I just saw some of his other stuff, he's a pretty good lyricist.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
i miss the old days where rap wasnt talking about banging girls every second and smokin weed and always talkin about how much money they have. thats all material things ( except the girls but you get what im saying ). thats why I dont consider the rap of today art, its just smack talking. if I wanted to see that I'd just go back down to where I used to live back in van nuys,CA. ghettoest part of L.A. ( hope thats even a word ).

i moved out of there because of this crap. im much happier with emo's cause at least they dont annoy you unlike stupid gangters.

edit: that was kinda a good rap but ive seen better freestyles. at least this is better than the junk of today.
Quote by Shredlet
Do they hate RATM

nope,

i mean, limp bizkit and eminem, i don't know why, but they hate them too, maybe cause they're really mainstream bands, i don't know
saul williams did a spoken word performance at my college a couple of months ago. It was pretty awesome.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
i hate what mtv and bet push on the public as rap
i love hip-hop.i hate how people dont know the differencei really hate wack rappers(or talented rappers stuck on the size of their bank account)that make people disslike,dissrespect and dissconnect with hip-hop and rap

i love rage f@#k audio slave even though tom morrelo is the man

oh and pop music like gwen steffani is killing babies.Im serious what she creates and calls music is what emo kids should play when they cut themselves.surprised gavin hasnt ended their marriage because of it.

P.S Saul Williams is not a rapper he is the illest poet you may ever hear
Last edited by fretstar at Jan 10, 2007,
Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK
i miss the old days where rap wasnt talking about banging girls every second and smokin weed and always talkin about how much money they have. thats all material things ( except the girls but you get what im saying ). thats why I dont consider the rap of today art, its just smack talking. if I wanted to see that I'd just go back down to where I used to live back in van nuys,CA. ghettoest part of L.A. ( hope thats even a word ).

i moved out of there because of this crap. im much happier with emo's cause at least they dont annoy you unlike stupid gangters.

edit: that was kinda a good rap but ive seen better freestyles. at least this is better than the junk of today.

that's almos exactly what i think,
wow, I totally agree with nearly everyone who has posted has said. I'm only 15 so I wasn't around before mtv. I've only heard eminem and 50 cent and that's pretty much what i thought rap was. I always grew up saying "i hate rap so much" but after hearing some older, good rap, it's not that bad at all. When the lyrics are actually meaningful, sincere, and poetic. That's what I like.

PS: I love RATM. I just don't really consider them rap. I consider them quickly spoken kickass alternative. but thats just me haha. I love the lyrics in Calm like a bomb, how he talks about a white hooded judge, and stuff. They are so cool, their lyrics actually mean shit that matters. Not about your "btches and hos". stupid "ludacris". god i hate him. and morello kicks ass. just thought i'd say that...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
every rapper sucks ass except for eminem
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Rap was never bad.

Every genre of music has it's good and bad. People are just too ignorant to understand that.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Jakester
every rapper sucks ass except for eminem

Neigh?
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
I'm not a fan of the 'rap' on MTV these days, for example 'Does ya chain hang low/Does it shine does it glow?'. However, artists such as Immortal Technique I enjoy listening to (Dance with the Devil is a very good track, check it out) and freestyling takes a lot of talent to do well.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Nelsean
Rap was never bad.

Every genre of music has it's good and bad. People are just too ignorant to understand that.

I hate genre bashing. Oh and as for rap/hip hop(not to sure about the difference), I love Jurassic 5.
Last edited by Hells_Bell at Jan 10, 2007,
I wish rap would have stayed the way it was back in the day when Warren G, Dr. Dre, NWA, etc. were all still putting out albums. The sh*t they play on the radio can be pretty ridiculous, but I admit to liking a lot of screwed rap (hey I'm from TX whaddya want).
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by Vecheka
I wish rap would have stayed the way it was back in the day when Warren G, Dr. Dre, NWA, etc. were all still putting out albums. The sh*t they play on the radio can be pretty ridiculous, but I admit to liking a lot of screwed rap (hey I'm from TX whaddya want).

Dont forget snoop, all those rappers were good to listen to when you were chillin or party music.
Saul Williams is awesome, although he's not really a rapper. He's more of a spoken word artist, but he has some songs that would be considered "rap" I suppose.

The other guy isn't really affiliated with him, if you read the description of the video.
rap nowadays is music with just good drum beats and people singing about sex and yeah mostly sex. the difference between rock music is they talk about sex its more better saying things like "i'll make love to you" but rap music is like this" I WANNA **** YOU STRAIGHT UP UP(girl in the bg making sex noises) PUT MY DANG DOWN FLIP IT AND REVERSE IT. I WANNA TAKE YOU TO THE CANDY SHOP TO LICK THE LOLLIPOP. so the point meaning rap is more sluttly and rock isnt. i just wanted to say that
^ Did you even listen to that Saul Williams stuff?

Almost all rap I've heard besides Saul Williams (who I would even hesitate to call a rap artist) does suck, though. Like that A-Kon guy and his song about "Smacking that" and a Lamborghini. Seriously.
Quote by Charlatan_001
^ Did you even listen to that Saul Williams stuff?

Almost all rap I've heard besides Saul Williams (who I would even hesitate to call a rap artist) does suck, though. Like that A-Kon guy and his song about "Smacking that" and a Lamborghini. Seriously.

ever heard of the wu tang clan?
Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

I hate when people say this. Good 'rap' music can still be found; unfortunately, the 'rap' shown on MTV or played on the radio is the rap that is pushed onto kids to perpetuate the idea that blacks are ig'nant retards. Look deeper and you will see that intelligent, thought-provoking, meaningful rap still exists; it's just that smart black people are harder to promote.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I'm not a fan of the 'rap' on MTV these days, for example 'Does ya chain hang low/Does it shine does it glow?'. However, artists such as Immortal Technique I enjoy listening to (Dance with the Devil is a very good track, check it out) and freestyling takes a lot of talent to do well.

Check out 'You Never Know', 'Peruvian Cocaine' and 'The 4th Branch'. Infact; check out all his songs.

Quote by deluxity
ever heard of the wu tang clan?

They ain't nothin' to fuck with.
Rap tunes are catchy as hell...phrases and/or beats.

Plus its cool how music can make someone go from compton to the hills.
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by wambulance
rap nowadays is music with just good drum beats and people singing about sex and yeah mostly sex. the difference between rock music is they talk about sex its more better saying things like "i'll make love to you" but rap music is like this" I WANNA **** YOU STRAIGHT UP UP(girl in the bg making sex noises) PUT MY DANG DOWN FLIP IT AND REVERSE IT. I WANNA TAKE YOU TO THE CANDY SHOP TO LICK THE LOLLIPOP. so the point meaning rap is more sluttly and rock isnt. i just wanted to say that

Stop watching MTV.
Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK
thats why I dont consider the rap of today art, its just smack talking.

No its not...

Quote by Vecheka

The stuff they play on the radio for every genre tends to be pretty rediculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQuS4NZNuks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOtaLhoa84w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HalDFVVo4aY

Here are some more
Rap never suited me,but I never hated it.

I think that it should have more comedy in it,like Eminem or Weird Al do.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Guitar0player
Rap never suited me,but I never hated it.

I think that it should have more comedy in it,like Eminem or Weird Al do.

back in the days i hated rap just beacuse eminem
Page 1 of 3