okay i have two 5 lb. bar bells and i usually lift them both with each arm throughout the day. if i keep this up will i increase my strength, also will my arms eventually start to get bigger?
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
yeah i know i gotta increase the weight but i dont belong to my gym anymore and i need to get back in shape and get a little bit bigger.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
so why not join the gym again? or maybe get some home equipment to use
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
there are two ways to gain muscle the most obvious is power lifting. Heavy weights for 7-10 reps each set. then there is conditioning which is the opposite. light weight and many reps. but for both eventualy you need to increase weight to gain mass.
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband
5 lbs? yeah just keep doing them throughout the day... for like 10-12 hours a day, and you should see some serious results.

okay no seriously though, get in the gym and find a good workout book to guide you. go every day. do ALL the muscle groups, not just biceps or even arms. eat like you havent eaten in weeks... I mean stuff your face all the time with high protein food and get plenty of sleep. then you'll see real results. its all or nothing. no point in half assin it, you'll just get dissapointed.
yeah and if you're looking for size do as much weight as you can for 6-10 reps on most of the exercises, 5 sets. I doubt that 5lbs is challenging. you're probably doing 100 reps per set, or at least I hope to god you are.
Quote by captainjackass
i seriously doubt you ever belonged to a gym only lifting 5lbs... sorry for being an asshole but...

thats not all i can lift, thats all that i have. i just talked to a friend who belongs to a gym so im about to start going. baseball season is about to start and i dont wanna start school workouts not in shape.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by tasty licks
yeah and if you're looking for size do as much weight as you can for 6-10 reps on most of the exercises, 5 sets. I doubt that 5lbs is challenging. you're probably doing 100 reps per set, or at least I hope to god you are.

haha no i do about 300 reps.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by tasty licks
5 lbs? yeah just keep doing them throughout the day... for like 10-12 hours a day, and you should see some serious results.

L

O

L
Don't do curls only. Also do raises, butterflys, punches, etc.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by voxdude26
haha no i do about 300 reps.

lol okay good. get that book though, its the best reference I've ever seen for finding exercises to target specific muscles. theres also some good material out there with advice on eating and meal plans.
i eat pretty good. like i said im just trying to get in shape for baseball workouts. i dont wanna go back and be out of shape. my coach will bitch me out. i just wanna know some good worouts with two 5 lb. bar bells. plus i want mt arms to get bigger. i want the sleeves on my polos to be just at my arms width. to where if i flex it will stretch.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
well you need at least some bigger weights for that. then do standing curls, concentration curls, pullups, kickbacks, tricep extensions, some dips, etc. like I said though, you wont see huge results if you dont get serious about it.