Who all here plays Guitar Hero? Share your experiences, fav. songs, accomplishments, opinions.
I just recently played it for the first time and i was playing on hard within about 5 or 6 warm up runs. Do you guys think actually playing guitar helps you with playing Guitar Hero and vice versa?
UG's 94th 300 Spartan!!

My Gear:
Hamer Vector
Ltd Viper 50
Line 6 Spider 2 212

Quote by Dirge Humani
I can make my penis hard if I think a lot.

Quote by Hope Sowders
Me: Have you ever used a Ouija board?
Her: Like the things you play on in the ocean? Those boards? Yeah
it helps with fingerstrength and keeping rhythm. at least for me. and it also help a little bit with dexterity, but not as much as playing a real guitar.
GAS List:
Nothing
i think playing guitar helps you at guitar hero, but not vice versa. my friend thought he could play guitar because he's better than me at the game...he just got an acoustic last month and realized he sucks(which makes me very happy)...this is all based on guitar hero 1, but since 2 has rhythm and bass i think it would probably help with rhythm other than that its like playing a 1 string guitar with 5 frets and a bonus anytime you hit the whammy at the worst parts of a song
i guess playin guitar helps wit GH cuz it gives you a beter sense of rythm than other non musical ppl..
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
The songs on guitar hero are harder than the songs in real life to play on a real guitar, i think. Its really fun though, my favorite song is Thunderhorse.
My favourite songs are - The Light That Blinds - Shadows Fall (Bonus)
Hanger 18 - Megadeth
Search and Destroy - Iggy Pop and The Stooges

I've had this game for like 2 weeks or so and now I'm trying Expert in Carreer Mode for the first time.

And I guess it helps with timing and fingerstrength as mentioned by Flummery.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
i dont like the songs that they chose for the game... especially the second one. i have both, and although im not sure if it helps at all with actually playing guitar, its definately one of my favorite games. other than building finger strength (which i dont think it helps very much with) and rhythm, i would think it might even possibly make you worse at guitar, if you play it too much and get used to it.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
P.S. favorite song, Sweet Child of Mine, no doubt
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
GH is a game for people who can't play real guitar. If you think playing GH helps you play real guitar, why dont you just practice on the real guitar? DUH
and that'll help you play.. wait for it.. REAL guitar?
Hmm what a strange concept..
I haven't played GH2 yet, but I'm getting it for my birthday.

My favorite memory from GH1 would have to be....me very first time playing it, I wanted to try Cowboys from Hell on expert, and I lasted a full 15 seconds lol.
I like the game so much! I have it since Christmas and I have beaten the game on easy and medium with 5 stars on each song and now I'm trying to get 4 stars or more on hard.
Favorite song : The living end - Carry me home
I had a go today, i was alright. But the friend played crap on real guitar and was better on hero.

Fav song also Carry me home. I forgot to pick the first time and im pressing the buttons and going WTF?!?!
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by SMterminator
I had a go today, i was alright. But the friend played crap on real guitar and was better on hero.

Fav song also Carry me home. I forgot to pick the first time and im pressing the buttons and going WTF?!?!

Try doing that at the shops infront of people and a 10 year old kid coming up to you and then says "here hand it over" and owning you.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████