I was wondering about getting one of those cheapo Behringer pedals for messing around with and maybe using at rehearshal because they're so small to carry.

I hear they're pretty good but a bit flimsy.

Problem is none of the shops near me stock them so I'll have to buy online without trying out.

I was wondering which would be best for metal - anything from Slayer up to death and black metal tones.

Not sure the OD100 will have enough gain, and the UM100 Ultra Metal sounds like it will do the job, but there is also the UD100 Ultra Distortion and the DM100 Distortion Modeller which sounds more versatile.

What do you reckon?
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
my friend has a behringer pedal and says it kicks for the price...ppl have otld me that they have really similar circutry to boss pedals. the only reason they r cheap is coz they are made out of plastic but you could make a better casing yourself
most single effects pedals are that small. heck, the only 'big' ones are stuff like big muffs and the like. the behringer ones are bigger than the boss ones too as far as i saw
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I bought a behringer phase shifter and its quite nice on clean tone but it sucks MAJOR A$$ with dstortion.Piece o crap.
The distortions suck ass to. Just save up some cash to something better.
The Behringer pedals are almost carbon copies of BOSS circuits. The EQ sounds a lot better than the BOSS for some reason.

The Big Muff and Small Clone/Stone clone (*heh*) are a lot bigger but I opened one to take a look inside and the circuitry isa bout 1/4 the size of the box. They could have easily made the box really small but they made them big to copy the EHX products, i.e to keep with the image and be more "traditional".

They should launch the Big Muff clone in a smaller box.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
I have heard that the EQ is really great.
In fact I know of some serious tone freaks who put one in the effects loop of top level amps.

Anyway, this doesn't answer my question - I want to know about the suitability of each pedal.

If they are based on Boss pedals, which is each one based on and which of those is best for what I described.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Cort M200/WS
Hayden Mofo

My Band - Haemasmtha
you get what you pay for IMO..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
you get what you pay for IMO..

I agree, but apparently the savings in these pedals are in the construction - whereas Boss are indestructable, these are super flimsy.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Cort M200/WS
Hayden Mofo

My Band - Haemasmtha
Quote by Charso
anyone know about the behringer eq pedal?

I own it, its one of behringers best pedals (im not saying that its good!!)... it will do the EQ job for u...
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
ultra metal is obviously based on the mt-2 and ultar distortion im guessing like a ds-1 or something and the overdrive one the sd-1...etc...those are the ones that im im sorta familiar with but the others ive had no encounter with so yeah...