Just writing to thank you guys for all your contributions to the Gear and Accessories forum.

I'm only saying this, because a friend recommended me to cash out on a Behringer distortion pedal and having read most of your comments about it, I've decided to not bother as it seems there's not much love for it.

Instead I'll be saving up for something I can use properly as I don't really want to just have something as a bit of fun. (To which my friend actually told me a couple of days later he smashed his accidentally when stepping on it with a bit of force)

Cheers
UG's only Manic Street Preachers Fan [So It Seems]
임정현 / FunTwo - Canon Rock
2006 sucked anyways!
Damn stoopid signature
some friend lol yeh behringers are flimsy as hell...way too easy to break unless you weigh like 5 stone.....better off just forking outthe extra cash for something that aint gonna break
(also id like to add that it's good to see a fellow welsh man on this board for once )
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
i think his thank you was sent directly to me. because im the center of the universe.

with that said, are u saving for any gear in particular, because this is a sweet thread, but usually a question is thrown in somewhere.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i think his thank you was sent directly to me. because im the center of the universe.

with that said, are u saving for any gear in particular, because this is a sweet thread, but usually a question is thrown in somewhere.

No..I am the center, you're just a bit off, I calculated it.

I'll act like a gentleman here. Here Jenny, come to the center of the universe.
Quote by Invictious

shut up, or i'll beat you up for jenny.

anyone with a post count of 12000+ must be at least really freaking close to the center.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I'm not saving up for any particular distortion pedal, I was hoping some people might post in some subtle tips on what other brands or non-expensive (under £50) to get.

I must remember to drop some hints on these kinda things.
2006 sucked anyways!
Damn stoopid signature
^ you guys are both <3

and 198x what type of musci do u play, and what type of amp do u have?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by SurfinWithSatch
some friend lol yeh behringers are flimsy as hell...way too easy to break unless you weigh like 5 stone.....better off just forking outthe extra cash for something that aint gonna break

If you jump on em, yeah, but what do you expect, they're plastic. I'm a heavy bastard and my behringer pedals have held up just fine, feel solid enough aswell. They dont sound amazing but get the job done.
Quote by Invictious

Sorry, but Jenny's right. Maybe next time?

198x You're welcome. I tend to keep people clear of crap, always willing to help out.
Quote by tubab0y
shut up, or i'll beat you up for jenny.

anyone with a post count of 12000+ must be at least really freaking close to the center.

Dude, you play a brass instrument, how uncool can you get>?

Cello > Tuba.

Me > You.

RAWRRRRRRR

Come, Jenny, let's rule UG together.
I listen to any crap me. The type I play is just basically the normal 'rock' (so hard to put a label on it) but it varies from Guns n' Roses, Manics, Muse, Nirvana, RHCP, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, The Strokes, QOTSA etc [although I'm not really any good at them]

The amp I have is a Fender Frontman 15G [?] which came with my Strat guitar.

-----
Off topic, you guys [and gals] are all the center of my universe.. come on into my warm huggy cosmos
2006 sucked anyways!
Damn stoopid signature
Quote by Invictious
Dude, you play a brass instrument, how uncool can you get>?

Cello > Tuba.

Me > You.

Uhhh...tuba is way better
I've been playing tuba for 6 years now...it's hella awsome,
but cello is pretty cool.

Well, back on topic...berhingers suck. Try a:
Electro-harmonix: Big Muff, Metal Muff
Ibanez- TS-900 or TS-808
Anything made or modified by keeley
There's tons of options...the best thing to do is to try out the options yourself and choose what sounds best for YOU!

EDIT- the metal muff may not be the best thing to get for your playing style
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Quote by 198x
I listen to any crap me. The type I play is just basically the normal 'rock' (so hard to put a label on it) but it varies from Guns n' Roses, Manics, Muse, Nirvana, RHCP, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, The Strokes, QOTSA etc [although I'm not really any good at them]

The amp I have is a Fender Frontman 15G [?] which came with my Strat guitar.

Maybe the best thing for you to do is get a better amp...I'm thinking a valve jr. made by epiphone. Great tone, All-tube (But diode rectification), nails the tones that you want...with an OD you could get some heavier sounds. Head over to the VJ thread for more info.
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
nah, he's not going to get enough variety out of a Vj.

my suggestion to you thread starter is to buy a micro cube amp it's got usable 8 effects, a hell of alot better tone. and higher gain and dependability as compared to a fender 15.

they go for $125USD.

you might even be able to find a cube 30 watt, on clearance. the new "x" series came out and last month they were giving away the cube 30s for $140 USD.
normally a $225 USD amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62