Ok guys i've been playing bass for like 3 months and im getting better all the time.. BUT im getting stuck on the 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 style when im jamming and its boring.
Anybody have any advice on how to get out of there and to get more life into my paying.
I've tried chromatic stuff but doesn't really help.

And if you know good people to listen to or if you have jamtrax please share them..
I know the major minor pentatonic and mixlydian scales but how can I use them in practice
try pentatonics and when you can play them fluently, try tapping on the octaves.

that worked for me.
people often ask !how do i use scales". Easy, mix them up until it sounds good. The more you do it, the more you will know what will sound good.

Practice with a drum track and you'll be fine my friend
Quote by Applehead
Practice with a drum track and you'll be fine my friend

Anyone happen to know where could I download a FREE drum track program?
By 88888888 do you mean eigth notes? Also yeah when you learn scales just improvise a bit, you gotta feel the groove. Of course you may not feel it right away but it will come.
Quote by Lendorav

Most of the free ones I've seen have been little more than augmented click tracks. I've heard good things about Jamstik though (http://www.rayzoon.com/) and it might be worth the $99 investment if you are looking for a virtual drummer. I haven't tried it out myself though so I can't comment on it personally.
Quote by Lendorav

PM me your email address and i will send you a 5 minute drum track. It's basic, but good to jam with - you can just whack it on loop. Let me know what tempo you want it please, or it will be 120bpm

peace